• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

MY GHOST PEPPER JUST SPROUTED

I got it from the supermarket ghost peppers. I cut a ghost pepper open and planted the seeds and they sprouted
I planted 2 seeds

Garretts Bitch said:
That is actually quite a good germination rate from store bought peppers!

What are you going to name your babies? Are you open to suggestions?

Spock comes to mind....can't think of any others....
If you had a third sprout you could name them Live, Long, and Prosper :party:

Keep the soil moist but not wet, tending more to the dry side at the top of the container. Nothing worse than a seedlings roots not having enough oxygen to get them pumping.

Water will do for now, don't get all anxious about pouring on fertilisers just yet. That can wait until some true leaves start to open up.

If you can try and water from the bottom up. Simply placing the container into a bath of water a couple of inches high works good. Bottom watering benefits the plants by way of encouraging the roots to head down to where the water is, thus the root mass grows faster.

Pour light on them, either with cfl's or leds. Although a window sill can be used just as easily if the light is there most the day.

Give them a break from the light if under artificial lighting. Seedlings tend to like a dark period and will often show a growth spurt during the dark times. Think 12 on 12 off or 18 on 6 off.

+1 to Nova (a.k.a. "Garretts Bitch") and also get a fan on them, pronto. The fan will both simulate the wind they'll get outdoors, thereby strengthening their stems, and also help keep the soil surface dry, which helps prevent the damping-off fungus from developing. 

Back