• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Going to BWW's tonight!!

Thats right, a new Buffalo Wild Wings opened across the river in Illinois and I told my girlfriend that the first day off from throwing sand bags I had, we would go, well today is that day.

I am already thinking the Blazin (supposedly the hottest) flavor. We have only ate at one once in St. Louis and I had the Caribbean Jerk flavor and it about melted my face off! I gotta try hotter this time to see how they compare.

Anyone else ever eat at BWW's?:onfire:

yep I've been to BWW, good flavored wings
the blazing is too hot for me. & if "caribbean jerk" melted your face off dont try "blazing"

mango habanero is really good, then a couple in the middle of the heat range, I forget those names but decent flavor.
if I remeber right teusdays is the day to go to BWW for wings - some kind of special price, just pig out on wings :lol:

It's Bw3's for short, but you'll learn the slang soon enough. Great place to visit, especally if you like sports...which I don't. Great wings (could use some Defcon 1 on them though), cheap prices, better than most sauces.

chilehunter said:
yep I've been to BWW, good flavored wings
the blazing is too hot for me. & if "caribbean jerk" melted your face off dont try "blazing"

mango habanero is really good, then a couple in the middle of the heat range, I forget those names but decent flavor.
if I remeber right teusdays is the day to go to BWW for wings - some kind of special price, just pig out on wings :lol:

Well I went with the Wild flavor, and it wasnt as hot as I remember the CJ being. It was a pretty damn hot, but I just remember beikng miserable eating the Caribbean Jerk, and tonight I was just fine with the "wild". :onfire:

QuadShotz said:
Ha..i saw this thread and thought of something else...my bad. ;)

We don't have those here, but Flaming Joe's has a "CodeRed-Widowmaker" sauce that's pretty dam hot. Rumour has it's pureed habs + endorphin rush.

http://www.flaminjoeswings.com

The widow maker .99 per wing
holy crap those are some expensive wings!!for lets say 20 wings just in sauce its almost 20 bucks then you have to pay for the wings or did I misread his site

Well, I'm not a big wing person..so I get the basket of chicken tenders and potato munchers and sides of different sauces. It's not that expensive that way.

Oil Patch + CodeRed = Heavenly.

Here's a pic: the 3 red/orange ones are the Code Red sauce.
http://www.darkgrid.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=10

I got Oil Patch covered Chcken Nuggets, and used Code Red as a dipping sauce..Mmmm

Love those potato munchers..basically tator tots with cheese inside....Tasty!

Oh, lets not forget the pitchers of beer are enourmous..4 quarts.

Awesome.

Canuk Pepperhead said:
id sneak in some defcon and spice up when no one is looking lol

Screw sneaking it in. I walk in loud and proud with it. I do that whenever i go to the Winghouse here. The wings are decent, but their sauces blow.

So.... They just opened one here. I think my wife and I are going to give it a shot. I'll probably bring some Defcon 1 for fun.

I'll let you know what I think when I return.

We have one here in downtown knoxville along with about four other dedicated wing places. My favorite it Wild Wing Cafe.

Wow. What a disappointment.

1st strike - When approaching the hostess stand we get a barrage of questions about where we want to sit. Just ask us if we would like to sit out on the patio, if you must. I don't want to know about the million and a half options you have for me.

2nd strike - The place was designed by someone with ADD. The music was louder than some of the live music venues here in town and the bizillion TVs were really distracting. Very harsh lighting as well.

3rd strike - Food was horrible. My wife didn't even take more than two bites from her sandwich (Buffalo chicken sandwich using pressed, frozen chicken), not to mention her fries were old and cold, and then they didn't even want to take it off our bill. Then the waitress shorted us money on our change.

Next at bat:

1st strike - The wings were....um... not fried. I don't know what method they use to make the wings, not sure I want to know, but they were pretty gross...and small.

2nd strike - Now, I know that restaurant sauces aren't all that hot. This being a national chain, I didn't expect much different. So, me being the good chilehead I am, I order the Blazin' Sauce..... and got talked out of it by the waitress!!! It was almost like she wouldn't serve the stuff, so I ordered the Wild Sauce (one step down) instead. I should've brought some Defcon 1. The Ranch dressing was tasteless and the Bleu Cheese dressing had to the be the worst I've ever had....and I'm pretty forgiving when it comes to Bleu Cheese dressing.

3rd strike - My wings were served in a paper basket. Now, I'm all about cutting costs, but give me something substantial like plastic.

Next at bat:

Strike 1 - The wait staff was more concerned about what was going on with their cellphones than attending the tables.

Strike 2 - They must have hired someone to run the satellite radio. Every third song would cut off and another genre would start playing...louder than the last. None of it was "toe tappin' music".

Strike 3 - When eating wings, most people need to have more than one cocktail napkin to use. It's just a fact of eating wings....you get a little messy. So... Please, please splurge on your customers a bit more and give them a good handfull of napkins, 'k?

You do know this is a major chain found in malls right? Just checking.

Yeah... With all the hype, I thought I'd check it out. Just giving my unofficial opinion of the one here in Albuquerque.

I've seen them before, I've always passed them by thinking they were on par with Hooters, KFC, and the other junk... thanks for letting us know.

Just wondering, what did the waitress say to talk you out ordering the blazin' sauce? That it's too hot? If they think so, they shouldn't have it on the menu and if they have it, they should serve it...

Hey DD, with one more out, you coulda had a cricket team! ;)

I too am learning the lesson of eating out with a bottle of hot sauce and some fresh pods in my pocket.

RS

Back