• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Longest pepper?

Just wondering what's the name of the longest pepper you have grown, any pics?

i grew some joes long and they are about 1 foot(30cm) long, are there bigger?
joes-long.jpg

U28nbJZ.jpg

Lovely peppers you've got there!

LOL!  How long 'till the %&*#% pill-pushers add Pod Envy to the DSM?

"Do you have occasional feelings of inadequacy?  Do you become anxious when viewing other growers' pods?  Have you ever had a bad dream about your pods falling off?  If so, we have the pill for you!"

Twitching with fear and self doubt, I actually broke out the tape measure and went to inspect my Big Jim.
The longest pod was just shy of 7", but did boast a major axis width of nearly 1-3/4 inches, with the thinner cross section at about 1 inch. Hey, width matters too! :D

Hello gang,

Any idea what this pepper is, it has a distinctive two toes similar to a Marconi pepper toe but longer pepper 8-12 in and a little more narrow. I bought a couple of these from a roadside produce stand in 2015 and the seller did not speak English so I'm growing these "Big Red" as I call them again this year. I've have a  few suggestions in  the past at what some folks thought they might be, but every time i go look at the suggested peppers photos none have these distinctive toe and are pointy. <R>

Attachments

• Cayenne.jpg
    Cayenne.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 77
Those last ones "big red", look like ones I grew last year labeled "femme sweet" I also bout some sunset brand peppers called "sweet twister" that are very similar. They are no heat very sweet peppers. Growing a bunch this year

Back