Hello From Central Illinois

After making my own sauce for 3 years, I finally found a gentleman locally that grows peppers, and he pointed me towards this site.
Glad he did.
Hopefully I can see what I am doing right and what I need improvement on.
From browsing the forums so far, I can pre answer a few questions.
I have made:
Cilantro pepper sauce. (for friends that were squeemins)
Habenjero pepper sauce. (Friends have accused me of using ghost peppers, but have not had a pepper conisuer try it yet.)
And this year Trinidad Chocolate Moruga. (I cannot eat it two days in a row, I just cannot do it)
Shelf life on sauces: I have had jars last a year unrefridgerated, but all sauces were consumed and did not get a chance to rot.
Sauces put in dspencer bottles (woozy bottles) I have discovered sitting around unrefridgerated for 1 year, and was still good.
I passed a bottle of habenjero sauce to a friend to relay to another friend, and it just never made it. When I discovered it, I opted to take it home to test it.
Tasted like it was freshly made.

Hello fellow pepper lovers.

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

It was nice to meet you this afternoon. You should be able to make plenty of that sauce now! Btw his sauce is really good guys!!

Anyways glad you joined and i think you'll fit right in. Welcome Lucky!!

Mike

Yes Mike, It was great to finally meet face to face. What an impressive spread of pepper plants you have in your back yard. I can honestly say, it has been a while since I had so many great peppers fresh off the plant.
Thanks for the Reaper plant too. That was one hot pepper.

Back