• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Coyote Zan White - a very rare C.chinense variety

A beautiful pod sent to me by Pr0dial_son. Thanks John!!!

Yes, I refer to it as the Coyote Zen White throughout. It just matched my mood at the time!!! Ommmmm. LOL.

Look here for more photos and discussion of this very rare variety,

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/49226-coyote-zan-white/?hl=%2Bcoyote+%2Bzan

The aromas on this one are wonderful; sweet, slightly fruity, slight of C.chinense and biscuity in a similar way to good Champagne made from Chardonnay grapes. There is almost a grape-like musk, too. It`s very fresh and utterly lovely.

The flavors are also very fresh and delicious. This one reminded me a lot of the White Fatalii I reviewed last year. The initial flavors and sweet and mildly fruity, in a ripe pear kind of way. Subtle, but very clean and clear. The fruity flavors give way to a slight undercurrent of green grass-like flavours, which just continue the theme of great freshness. 

The heat on these is very reasonable, possibly double that of a good cayenne, but the heat is beautifully mellow and warming, with no real aggressive tendencies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfDYrkBZ9Ec&feature=youtu.be

Sold! Oh that's right this is a review not an auction. Good review Nigel. I really like the way you describe the heat and flavor on this one. Sounds like something that would appeal to my taste. I will have to hunt this one down for a try.

Just curious, have you ever tried Peter's Snow White? 

Thanks for the review Nigel!  Sounds like they would be amazing chopped up fresh in a salad or maybe on top of some Mexican food.

SL3 said:
Sold! Oh that's right this is a review not an auction. Good review Nigel. I really like the way you describe the heat and flavor on this one. Sounds like something that would appeal to my taste. I will have to hunt this one down for a try.

Just curious, have you ever tried Peter's Snow White? 
No, Steve, I have not tried Peter`s Snow White. 

Back