• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Multiple bud node.

Shorerider

Staff Member
Extreme Member
It looks like my Rocoto plants from last season (yes they survived our Australian winter fine) should be quite productive this year. Quite a few nodes have four flower buds per node.

20141023_171004.jpg

20141023_171106.jpg

Happy days!

Good stuff Paul.

Speaking of overwintered plants, I have a 7 Pot Douglah here with 7 per node .... Almost every other node that should be starting up with flowers is doing just that, and there's going to be a sh&tload of them. Perhaps it's going to be a great here in Aus !

Regards,

Tim

Bloody hell 7!!!! That's no Chilli plant, thats a grape vine. Lol. Well now I don't feel so special.  :rolleyes:

Hey Paul,

Don't be too hasty - 4 on a Rocoto could be a world record !

Maybe just maybe I put a bit too much dynamic lifter on my Douglah and it's a freak ..... :rofl:

Regards,

Tim

Speaking of "dynamic lifter" is there a US source for this(type) product?
I used a similar homemade version back in the day when we had chicken coops.

I'll post up pic's when they turn into pods and we'll see how many set. I can't say I've fed this plant much nutes, as I only gave it a boost with some compost and Dynamic lifter a week ago, so I wouldn't expect this growth to be due to this feed.

Once the latest feed kicks in hopefully I'll see even more buds per node. 

As far as mine compares to some in that link above, I have some catching up to do. 

SR.

Wow, thats crazy. If you have any surplus pods, be sure to send them my way and I'll send them back as as bottles of sauce.

Hey Paul,

You need not ask - great minds think alike !

Regards,

Tim

PS - Does 7 Pod Brown suffice for now ?

(Sent those your way with some other goodies yesterday !)

It's Friday, so .... :drunk:

Shorerider said:
I'll post up pic's when they turn into pods and we'll see how many set. I can't say I've fed this plant much nutes, as I only gave it a boost with some compost and Dynamic lifter a week ago, so I wouldn't expect this growth to be due to this feed.

Once the latest feed kicks in hopefully I'll see even more buds per node. 

As far as mine compares to some in that link above, I have some catching up to do.
It appears that you have a number of leaves without much by the way of internodal space. The various C. pubescens plants I have grown produce 1 or 2 flowers per node. A couple of nodes packed close together would give the appearance of 4 flowers from the one point.

Do you have an photo that shows the entire plant?

teejay said:
Hey Paul,

You need not ask - great minds think alike !

Regards,

Tim

PS - Does 7 Pod Brown suffice for now ?

(Sent those your way with some other goodies yesterday !)

It's Friday, so .... :drunk:

I'll take whatever you want to send mate, thanks. What goes around comes around.

Hey, would you be interested in some flat leaf parsley seeds? It goes great in soups, pasta, and can be used to make garlic bread butter. Let me know and I'll send some over.

harry said:
It appears that you have a number of leaves without much by the way of internodal space. The various C. pubescens plants I have grown produce 1 or 2 flowers per node. A couple of nodes packed close together would give the appearance of 4 flowers from the one point.

Do you have an photo that shows the entire plant?

My plant in the first pic or Teejay's above Harry?

SR.

I also had large clusters of buds on my pubescens last year, but had A hard time to turn them into fruits. Most were lost with flower drop. Hope you have more luck!

Just an update regarding my Rocoto. It seems as though there are quite a few flowers dropping.

I'd like to know if this is because of the multiple (surplus perhaps? ) buds on each node, or the fact that something is wrong?

One of the plants died off not long after I added some compost and ferts for some unknown reason,  but the other three are going great.

There are a few pods already so I'm sure I'll get a decent enough crop, and this season's Rocotos are growing exceptionally well.

SR.

Back