• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Trimming is a lot of work

HopsNBarley said:
Great!
I've never had much trouble with the trim.
Maybe get a better tool.
I have the Fiskers Micro shears and they are awesome. I don't have trouble with it, I actually like it but it becomes monotonous sometimes. 
Don't you ever feel that way when you trim hops? ;) 

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you want I to call the HYBRID clipper. Legend has it about twenty years ago the best female Mendo clipper got together with the best male clipper from Humbolt. And she gave birth to THE HYBRID CLIPPER. I've seen her work, and shit you not she can clip 6P in a eight hour shift. She wont show up for anything less than 24P though. She's pretty busy these days but I'm sure she could fit you in.

HopsNBarley said:
Nope.
I've never had an issue.
I have several Hops planned for next year...
Thanks for asking!
Well I am old. Initial trim, dry, final trim.   :rofl:
Takes 4 hours for the final trim per plant.

hogleg said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you want I to call the HYBRID clipper. Legend has it about twenty years ago the best female Mendo clipper got together with the best male clipper from Humbolt. And she gave birth to THE HYBRID CLIPPER. I've seen her work, and shit you not she can clip 6P in a eight hour shift. She wont show up for anything less than 24P though. She's pretty busy these days but I'm sure she could fit you in.
Hybrid? Gas and electric? :lol:

Hell yeah!
There ya go PMD... Get ya one of those Humbolt Hybrid clippers and cut your work in half or more.
Careful though... Watch out for the dry trim. It could chafe your satchel!

HopsNBarley said:
I know your serious hogleg!
I met her once... I tried to tell her to get a weed eater to shave her knuckles.
See you know what I'm talking about. They say the father didn't live far from where the Patterson Film was made. And was Very hairy. Some even say he may be a decendent of the old Sasquach hybrid woman from Weitchipec reported of in the early 20s.

It's Aunt Bunny, isn't it Gus?
I ain't sayin it's a bad thing, but she's got a hairy upper lip. She's a damn Bigfoot isn't she?

http://youtu.be/8yOWjkAxrwE

Proud Marine Dad said:
I have the Fiskers Micro shears and they are awesome. I don't have trouble with it, I actually like it but it becomes monotonous sometimes. 
Don't you ever feel that way when you trim hops? ;)

Fiskars are all you need! I hate machines, bloody baseball makers, bruising and bashing all the effort you put in. Hymes love them for keeping the crystal back from the finished end, but that's little different from running it through a tumbler. I'm more of a unionist, one to grow, others to trim :rofl:

hogleg said:
She's pretty busy these days but I'm sure she could fit you in.

HAW HAW HAW You don't say?

I've tried a bunch of the competition and always come back to the fiskars. Got about thirty pair, even have two original pair before they were all made in china. They weigh twice as much and still have a great edge.

Back