• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

I tried Defcon 2

We gave Defcon 2 a whirl last night. I was able to coat about 40 wings with it. I used my tried and true method of grilling the wings until about 80% done and then finishing in a fryer.

The sauce stuck to the wings nicely and kept a good consistency. Good flavor that could easily be enjoyed by anyone who is fan of buffalo style wings. As far as heat, it left something to be desired for both of us, but would probably pack plenty of kick for "regular" folks.

Well done.

Thank you very much for the review. If you'd like more heat, you should definitely try our #1 sauce, it'll have the heat you are looking for, plus some. Many people who have ordered our stuff have mixed the #2 & #1 so as to bring the heat up to their desired level. I think straight #1 on wings is a bit much for most people.

Thanks again.

That's for sure mixing the 1 & 2 togather makes for some very tasty wings with a good deal of heat.

Mick
Kato's

Never heard of them. Of course, I imagine that's to be taken into consideration, me being somewhat non-American.

When you launch Canada, sell the sauce and the wings as a package. That'll go over big!

T

Tina, Canadian Arctic Chickens are scarce at best. I've heard that using an infra-red tracker and banging on a turkey fryer is your best bet when trying to rout them from their little chicken igloos. Beware of the Sneezing Canadian Artic Chickens though, they are easier to spot due to the sound, but they probably have bird flu :lol:

Chicken wings are everywhere around here. Remember, we don't utilize frozen tundra as grazing land, hence the plethora of fowl. Hell, we can get the fresh ones for less than $1/pound in the commercial food depots.

That's true... and you've got a Government who likes to pretend that although chickens on our side of the border have been found to carry bird flu, that American birds are somehow immune... But we won't go there.

Just get me chicken wings, dammit!

T

Of course they're immune, they aren't subjected to the inferior ideology of socialized medicine!

Now, as stated many times before, NO POLITICS!!!

As for chicken wings, you should have stopped in on your way north, Hell, I cooked up about 70 pounds of them for the Superbowl.

Yeah, we seem to have to cook more and more each year. Hell, most of the people coming to the party don't even care about the game, they come for the food. This year I tried something a little different aside from the wings this year. I bought lump crabmeat (it was on sale) and filled wonton wrappers with it. The night before, I marinated the crabmeat in hot sesame oil, fresh ground coriander, allspice and a tad of Hungarian hot paprika. Threw them into the good 'ol turkey fryer (at 375 degrees)for a couple minutes, and voila! Little puffy crab bites, man, they were a hit.

little while ago i did kinda the same thing found some crab meat and looked in the dairy section there was this garlic cream cheese kind of stuff that i mixed in with the crab then wraped them in the won tons and deep fried em....not to shaby

Back