• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod supposed to be a ghost, obviously not.

20141028_193957_zps50536509.jpg

20141028_194225_zpsb4b784db.jpg
[/img]
This was labeled as Trinidad moruga. Seems legit
The first pic was labeled bhut jolokia. Bought both as 6" plants from local nursery

Definitely possible since I repotted twice. So is it possible the ghost got crossed with the moruga at some point and became a hybrid? I have them in containers right next to each other. Maybe they Will hop over to my 6-4L and make a screamin green chile?

twilliams386 said:
...So is it possible the ghost got crossed with the moruga at some point and became a hybrid? I have them in containers right next to each other. Maybe they Will hop over to my 6-4L and make a screamin green chile?

First off, welcome!

[SIZE=14.4444446563721px]As always, it's possible they crossed with something before you bought them (last generation). Since you bought them as plants, any hybridization between the two would only exist in the seeds, and only show up in the next generation.[/SIZE]

Yeah if you like what you have you can save the seeds they might give you some nice crosses from the seeds, if the mother plants don't make it I save seeds no matter what, and they have never let me down when it comes to being hot and having lots of flavor. Judy at pepperlover.com has some very nice peppers there that are quite hot and will always grow true for ya. I think her's is one of the best.

Excellent thank you! I haven't tried my luck at starting from seed yet, but I may have to jump on it this next spring. I want to try to keep these two and my 6-4L through winter, plus start up a few habs and maybe a new super hot.

So I brought a couple of the "ghost scorpions" to work. Gonna split one up and try it, then give the other to a buddy for seeds. They don't put off any kind of smell on the outside, is this normal? Will post later after cutting in and trying them out

Cut in and tried a piece from the top of the pepper. Had an awesome fruity smell similar to a hab, but with a much stronger kick. The taste was similar to a hab as well at first, then it was an all out assault on my face. It didn't last as long as I thought it would, but while it did last, it was intense. The flavor lasted throughout and was never completely masked by heat. But that heat.. Can't wait for the rest of the harvest

Back