• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Hot Sauce Roll-Ups

SO i was playing with my dehydrator since it arrived yesterday. I dried up some peppers for a rub, etc. The usual.

I got a tray with it to make fruit leather or fruit rollups. Cool! I was considering what to put in there and figured i could pretty much puree anything when the light went on.

I had in the fridge a bottle of CaJohn's Select Fatali Puree. Well i couldn't stop there, right? I did a blob of Fatali, a blob of CaJohn's 10, and a blob of my homemade sauce. They all dried perfectly. The fatali is insanely good. Haven't had the homemade.

I took a nibble of the 10 leather. I didn't chew or anything. I just let it sit on the roof of my mouth. Until today i don't think i've ever burned the roof of mouth. The lack of moisture seems to concentrate the flavors. :mouthonfire:

All in all, this was a good experiment. :lol: I urge everyone to make some hot sauce roll-ups.

QuadShotz said:
Wow, what a great idea.
Hmm, I wonder how the DM MKII would work... :twisted:

I'm not sure, but I do know that will be the hottest rollup you've ever had in your life!!:shocked::lol: I do like this pepper rollup idea though. Since I'm getting a dehyrdrator later this summer I may have to experiment!:hell:

DO it up! The more stuff you lay down and the thicker you make it, the better.

My brilliant idea is this though.

make 3-4 inch circle rollups, stack them on waxed paper, and stack them in an airtight container. Use it as you would cheese on a hamburger. It "should" melt right onto the burger once in contact with the grease and melt into the meat.

Now tell me...how does that not sound awesome?

fineexampl said:

make 3-4 inch circle rollups, stack them on waxed paper, and stack them in an airtight container. Use it as you would cheese on a hamburger. It "should" melt right onto the burger once in contact with the grease and melt into the meat.

Ohhh My God!!! That sounds sooo Awesome that my mouth is watering with anticipation. You should try to market this idea. Seriously, I can see some $$$ from this. Imagine being able to by sliced hot sauce. I can't wait to give it a try. :onfire:

Pepperfreak said:
Ohhh My God!!! That sounds sooo Awesome that my mouth is watering with anticipation. You should try to market this idea. Seriously, I can see some $$$ from this. Imagine being able to by sliced hot sauce. I can't wait to give it a try. :onfire:
i need to get myself some professional culinary experience or training. i don't know if i could do that independently. i'd like to though.

POTAWIE said:
Sure it works, but Defcon like most wing sauces is likely quite salty especially so when dehydrated
That might be why my homemade sauce tasted the best. I don't like to add a lot of salt to my foods. for some foods though, the salt is welcome.

Or how about this...

Hot Sauce Slices with Bacon Salt mixed in!

HOT DAMN!:onfire:

Hmmm....when i get my excalibur in a couple of months i might have to try this with Cape Fear's Red Savina hot sauce as well.

Which reminds me....i need to send the Capt'n an e-mail soon...

rabbit said:
I'm not sure, but I do know that will be the hottest rollup you've ever had in your life!!

Well, I gonan try to get some DM MKII soon, perhaps I'll find out. I think mixing with some papaya pulp I have in the freezer would be excellent. :D

OH...when I was a kid we'd make banana chips...imagine that, but with cinnmon sugar and fatali pawder. :drooling:

QuadShotz said:
Well, I gonan try to get some DM MKII soon, perhaps I'll find out. I think mixing with some papaya pulp I have in the freezer would be excellent. :D

OH...when I was a kid we'd make banana chips...imagine that, but with cinnmon sugar and fatali pawder. :drooling:
i made cocoa chili dried apples. i think it'd rock.

fineexampl said:

Man I like that idea. sounds awesome.

Back