• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

some kind of moruga?

So I posted earlier on this one, but here is a bigger picture of the plant with a few pods hanging. Was told it looks like moruga, but no tails are there to hint at scorpion. I was thinking it almost looks like a 7 pot. Any thoughts?
20141028_194034_zps20740508.jpg
[/img]

Well its a bit hard to say as a close up of the pod or a photo of a ripe pod would be the best help, not all scoripons have tails and Moruga's some times don't. They don't look like a 7 pot/pods though,  so I would go with the moruga or at the very least a Trinidad Scorpion variety.

That would make it easier to tell just what it might be, as a ripe pod will be fully developed and will have its ripe color by then and will show off any bumps, spikes and waves it might have. There are a few photo's of ripe moruga and brain strains two of the hottest varieties of the Trinidad Scorpion varieties on some of the Glogs and  pepper info.

Well I have a couple dozen pods currently hanging at all different levels of maturity, should have about 6 or so ripening shortly with another bunch right behind it. After a long triple digit summer they are loving these cool fronts. Can't wait to find out what it is and give it a test run! What about the plant itself? It looks like its taking tree form, or is that due to lack of timely pruning?

A lot of them can get quite tall if you don't prune them back, I had a red 7 pod that grew over 6 feet tall in the ground  and some others that grew almost as large in a 2 gallon bucket.  A Naga Morich pepper plant can get quite tall and have a great many pods on them.
I usually just let them grow like they want too with some support to keep the branches from breaking under the weight of the pods, rather than prune them as they often will have fewer but much larger pods that way, when you prune them you often get more pods, but a lot of the pods will sometimes be smaller than what they might be if just left alone.

Back