• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

If you could have anything at all...

Hypothetical situation: you suddenly find yourself with access to one of more of the big government seedbanks: ARS GRIN, CGN, AVGRIS, etc.

What accessions would you be most eager to get your hands on?

I'm kind of surprised. 185 views and no answers? No one wants uncrossed CGN 20497? Looking for ideas from serious growers for a reason here.

I'll go. I spent some time on the GRIN database last week & came up with this list. 
Not based on much other than what I read on their database & pictures I saw. No clue about taste.

This would be the one I'd take:
PI 281424 

These were also of interest:
PI 275013  
PI 281342  
PI 199506  
PI 260566 
Grif 9238
Grif 9304 
PI 209028 
PI 257142 
PI 257176
PI 543208
PI 639657

I use to get seeds from them (GRIN) until Monsanto took over things and made it impossible to get seeds, plants, or grafts without documentation that you were a scientist or Master gardener using the plant material for species improvement and selecting vigorous hybrids and such they not only told anybody wanting a few heirloom or OP seed that they had to have paperwork stating that I agree to fill out any form sent to you by then, this was the same for any plant species. CGN Doesn't send out seeds to anyone now unless they have a Doctrine in that field of study, some of these seed banks will gladly take certain seeds donated to them especially if they are on short supply at the seed bank some seed banks you can trade with to a small degree, but most will laugh at you and tell you how precious their seeds are to them even after they have accepted your donated seeds. I would love to get my hands of some Bolivian Red Quinoa or some of the Amaranth that is grown for seeds. better yet some Yukon tubers to grow as they are fast becomeing a unreachable super food. Getting Seeds is pretty iffy at best and sometimes more work than the seeds ar worth. But then again you can get lucky and get a few thintgs that you can do something with.

Back