seed-train European Seed train...

Well I just decided to open this topic to start a discussion among European members who are interested in joining a seed train.

Honestly, I dont know too much about it, so here s what I was thinking and it was mentioned by another member from Romania(rghum), that we start with a low cost, minimum risk bubble envelope in regular post.
Reasons for this are its cheap, avoids hasle with customs (to my knowledge) and it should be accessible to all European members .

I am open to suggestions and do not claim any responsibility for this but offer my willing participation .
Really just want to see if we can get something going here in Europe, tired of feeling excluded from American seed trains, pepper offers and what else. :)

I am opening this in the hope it can open some doors for us so we can feel more connected and further feed our pepper addiction by experimenting with new varieties.

Thanks,

Rory

Obviously if we could include you America, you know we would;)

I'm in!  :dance:  Keep a place for me, near the window! :party:

Maybe our US and/or Canada choo-choo colleagues could help us with some advices.

Have you got a large collection to share? I could start it but it s my first year and I maybe only have 7/8 varieties to share, some of which I have plenty seeds, and others just a few, but I will share what I have.

I want to pay it forward and have some fun.

Where are the UK members at? I know of @Essegi from Italy and I think @nulle ftom Denmark maybe.. :)

Come on guys, lets gave some fun!!

Thank you AaronTT! I am sure your help is welcome!

Not the first year for me, but I grew only couple of kind. My collection grew only in last years (and was a real explosion this year, thanks to the great THP members), so not many varieties. Maybe we should make a short check, list what we have to share, and see where's the best point to start the choo-choo.

There are also members from Slovenia, Hungary, Serbia, Germany, Austria.... and others, for sure.

I know I can't ride, but I am willing to send some seeds to help our friends in Europe get started.

Wow Aaron thank you, amazing generosity!! I love THP!!
I'd be up for it I'm in the uk.

Thats great, we need just a few more so we can get this train on the tracks....choo choooooo :)

[Czech republic] I am in.

I can contribute my own seeds. I won't probably need anything. I already have more I can plant next year LOL .. just kidding "More is never enough"   :P

Great, Welcome aboard. You can never have enough varieties I reckon and "More is never enough" lol.

So we ve got Italy, Romania, UK and Czech Rep. so far, good mix this should be really interesting!

Count me in. I already bought my seeds for next year, will sow em this week. I can contribute from the remaining few hundred :lol: mainly superhots. I can buy some local seeds too really cheap - I know rghm1u20 will be interested for sure, sorry man for not checking yet what I can get for you, been a bit busy lately.

Zoli said:
 I know rghm1u20 will be interested for sure, sorry man for not checking yet what I can get for you, been a bit busy lately.
Is ok, no problem :)

It looks we will really have a train! :dance:

I'll see what I have to share :P

Great, thanks for joining!! Even if you have very little thats ok too, its just about sampling different varieties:)

Count me in. I already bought my seeds for next year, will sow em this week. I can contribute from the remaining few hundred :lol: mainly superhots. I can buy some local seeds too really cheap - I know rghm1u20 will be interested for sure, sorry man for not checking yet what I can get for you, been a bit busy lately.

The more the merrier, well the aim is that we can all offer something that the other doesnt have!!
You can never have enough seeds/varieties:)

Is ok, no problem :)

It looks we will really have a train! :dance:

Yaay choo choooooo :)

Think so.
If we are more than two, is already a train. If only two, is just trade :rofl:

Do you wanna organise some rules etc? :)

Oh, no! You run the choo-choo! :)

Really, don't want to be a burden for you, but I have no time no. I am at work, supposed not to use the internet, I will leave tomorrow at noon to solve some things, and will not be at home on Saturday. Sunday also not available.
Maybe can find some "inspiration" into the US/Canada railroad co.

Later edit:
  • I will ask for permision and we can use some rules stated in this topic, if you think they comply to our train: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/51295-choo-choo-damn-right/
  • We have to think if we have any requirements or limitations for passengers (as minimum posts, at least X months/days of membership, etc) - but I think we should not, since we are however not many passengers
  • I suggest to use a bubble envelope, I see they used also one, and this is much cheaper than sending a box (at least in my country the envelope, even bubbled, is seen as correspondence, as letter, not as package (wich is a box), this will lower the costs.
  • Will have to think HOW we send the envelope. From here, I can send it as simple envelope, which is very cheap (I have sent peppers to Slovenia, and was not more than 0.3€), but the thing is, you put the stamps on the envelope, drop in postal box, and forget it, till the other let you know the envelope arrived), or I can send it having a tracking number, and I can track it in our postal system (not sure about other countries, but I was able to track it also in the US postal service too, till it reached the destination), which implies a bit higher costs, but not much (much lower than a box).
  • so far this is all it comes to my mind

Edit of the later edit: I have asked Scorched (Tony) for permission, and he was so kind to accept, and also to give us his support if needed, so rory feel free to ask him too, or to use/adapt those rules.

Back