• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

How long from first pod showing till Burning Mouth ?

Just wondering if you guys with all the experience here can remember what is the average time from the first pod peeking out of the flower till it ripens. I'm talking varieties like Fatali, Naga, Habs etc.

Just an average, assuming fair sun, warmth, soil etc.

I've only grown them 2 years previous to this season and I can't remember the timeline. The previous 2 years the weather was better and they had an earlier start.

They have had a somewhat slow start this year due to the crappy weather for the first six weeks outside. Most all of the annuum varieties have fairly large peppers already this year but the c. chinense varieties are just now starting to show little pods. I leave on holidays September 1 and am wondeing wether I'll have any of my Hab varieties ripe in time to take with me on my trip.

2 months away, I'd think you'll have some ripe pods to take with you on your trip if the pods are already forming.
this is the time it seems like FOREVER for the pod to ripen once it starts growing, well at least for the 1st batch of ripe pods :lol:

Back