• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Seafood Soup and Sandwich Throwdown

Vote for the best combination of Seafood Soup and Sandwich!

• keybrdkid - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/51591-begin-seafood-soup-sandwich-throwdown/?p=

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Vote for the best combination of Seafood Soup and Sandwich!

BOTH were open to interpretation of what a soup or sandwich is, and creativity was welcome.

WOW. ALL the seafood heavy hitters were here and they ALL delivered! Good luck voting in this one!

:)

48 hour poll.

Really tough.  Excellent entrees all.  Came down to cypresshill and JHP for me, with Cy getting my vote. That soup is calling out to me Cy! Taking nothing away from either, my ultimate vote would be for Cy's soup and JHP's sammy though.  :)  

I don't eat a ton of seafood, and each looks awesome ...

In the end it came down to FD and JHP for me ...

I think FD presented his the best this TD ... well-played w/ the beer & Fall gourds, sir ...

I picked JHP's because it's the one I'd order for myself, and it looks well-executed ...

Yeah, I used to end up getting myself into an existential crisis over voting on these things ...

I knee-jerked it so I could just enjoy the 47.5 hrs afterwards, LOL ...

I thought this was going to be hard for me... but nope!

Sum FTW!

That moqueca sold me. The lime and coconut milk fish stew with red snapper, one of my faves. I know that tastes very fresh and the lime cuts it so it is not a heavy stew, so you can enjoy it with a sandwich. And the sandwich, my other fave fish, mahi mahi... done right with simple seasoning and killer condiments/toppings. YES, I would be dipping. I think the pairing is perfect. Well done!

Thanks for posting moqueca, never heard of it, and it looks very similar to Thai recipes, which I LOVE!

Paulky, excellent job on the crab cake sandwich!

Great one guys!!!!! Really great!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
DelMarVa is da shiznit!

I lived there for 8 years. I ate enough she-crab soup and crab cakes for 10 people!!!

(YAY Yuengling!!!)  :party:
SumOfMyBits said:
It's good to see you back in the mix P2K.

Thank you so much!!

I'll be here as often as I can!

paulky_2000 said:

I lived there for 8 years. I ate enough she-crab soup and crab cakes for 10 people!!!

(YAY Yuengling!!!)  :party:
Grew up on the Chesapeake...I too have eaten more crab then most humans combined :) 

Had to go with Fiddy on this one - it was the pretty gourds in the background that swayed my vote.  :D

All of the entries brought something special, but I kept wanting to mix-and-match - this sammie, but that soup. This would be an excellent TD if we could all meet up somewhere and actually get to try each other's dishes. 

This is by far the most difficult decision I ever had to make on one of these.

You Floridians sure know how to do fish. I mean SumOfMyBits that thick Dorado filet on that Cuban Bread and that Red Snapper stew. Amazing!

Then you got JoynersHotPeppers, I could sure chow down on that Clam Chowder. But then you add that Sandwich loaded with those crunchy fried Oysters. I love fried Oysters, but with horseradish and ketchup, simply incredible! 

But dang it! Lobster always gets me in the end!  I’m afraid I would have to insist on a second helping of frydad4’s combo. 

I will be bookmarking these recipes for future use.

Woohoo nice race here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would eat myself into a coma on any of those dishes they look so amazing. It was hard but if I could only pick one for my last meal on earth it would have to be cypresshill1973's xianchu soup and fresh tuna sandwich. Maybe it's because I wish to go to Argentina some day. Regardless, congrats to everybody for creating such masterpieces. 
I am now going to put my canned tuna on wonderbread sandwich back in the fridge, and bowl of campbells tomato soup back in the microwave, and watch food network reruns with a bottle of Jack 'til I pass out :drunk:
God bless the Veterans

Wow. You guys set a the bar pretty damn high... every entry was as good as the next. My vote went to frydad.... the avocado bisque sounds amazing with homegrown avos none the less!  (you lucky sonoffaseafoodsandwich)

Had thought about trying to make moqueca a couple of months back but never got round to it.... i will be trying sums recipe in the near future along with some of the others...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back