• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

You know what really grinds my gears?!?

Haters unite! Post stuff you hate in here.

What really grinds your gears?

For me it's tailgaters - especially on a rainy day like this. Driving 4" from someone's tail in any weather is dangerous as hell, but especially so on a rainy day with poor visibility. And it makes no sense if the car in front of me isn't going any faster - not like if you tailgate me you're going to get to your destination quicker or something. Often the same people who'll go to the right and cut someone off, speed ahead, then cut you off, then tailgate the person in front of them again. It's just stupid and dangerous and achieves nothing while putting everyone at risk.

And that really grinds my gears.

What about you? What really grinds your gears?

Man... that is one of mine as well... especially up here in the snow...  I swear that folks around here think that just because they live near the Brickyard, that they are all professional race drivers and skilled at drafting.

I thought it was bad in FL on rainy days, but they have nothing on these folks in the snow...  unbelievable that there aren't more accidents....

I'll definitely agree with everyone who's talked about drivers as it sounds like you're describing nearly everyone in Lafayette, and also add in that what really grinds my gears is people who are too damn lazy to indicate when turning or changing lanes! Like I'm supposed to know you're about to stomp your brakes so you can suddenly turn off while going 55, or about to cut in front of me.

MeatHead1313 said:
I'll definitely agree with everyone who's talked about drivers as it sounds like you're describing nearly everyone in Lafayette, and also add in that what really grinds my gears is people who are too damn lazy to indicate when turning or changing lanes! Like I'm supposed to know you're about to stomp your brakes so you can suddenly turn off while going 55, or about to cut in front of me.
If only there were some way of indicating that they're changing lanes, or signaling their intention to turn. Some sort of "turn signal" if you will.

If only there were...sigh

People who don't know how to use a crosswalk. You know - the people who are too stupid/lazy to walk an extra half block to the stop lights and just stare at you while they stroll out in front of traffic. Then they purposefully s l o w l y   s w a g g e r in front of your car, seemingly just to prove a point and make everyone wait for their dumb ass.

People who don't know how to make a left hand turn.  For some reason I see it here all the time.  There's a left turning lane but everyone seems to make the turn like they're driving a bus or transport and edge back right and cut me off and make an extra wide turn even though they are driving a little compact car.  Drives me nuts, stay in your lane and turn at the appropriate speed then there's no need to go wide and cut people off.

When you're kicking back on the weekend, just starting to get a sweet beer buzz, and the job calls saying all hell broke loose and nobody else knows how to fix it :hell:  Don't get me wrong, I love the OT pay but I can never get that sweet buzz back. I usually come home after it's done and proceed right past sweet buzz and right into obnoxiously drunk. You know, where I should have been at that time of day if the phone didn't ring. :drunk: 

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Haters unite! Post stuff you hate in here.

What really grinds your gears?

For me it's tailgaters - especially on a rainy day like this. Driving 4" from someone's tail in any weather is dangerous as hell, but especially so on a rainy day with poor visibility. And it makes no sense if the car in front of me isn't going any faster - not like if you tailgate me you're going to get to your destination quicker or something. Often the same people who'll go to the right and cut someone off, speed ahead, then cut you off, then tailgate the person in front of them again. It's just stupid and dangerous and achieves nothing while putting everyone at risk.

And that really grinds my gears.

What about you? What really grinds your gears?

In the 90s when i lived in the east bay a lot (north richmond, alemeda, oakland). I used to keep D batteries in my center console. In Four years I detonated at least three windshields. I purposefully rammed two cars of the road. Threw a truck headlight at a mercedes, and put a hole threw a semi's radiator and prolly engine block with a salmon weight. There is a twenty mile radius around the Mac Maze that is hell on earth. Around that same time I was wanted on warrants for driving, in three of the bay counties. :rofl:  I guess I was pretty angry those days. Not sure why I used to charge assholes heavy fines with street justice. Guess I just wanted to show them, there is always a bigger asshole out there.
Best i live more in the sticks and stay out of the city. I'm allergic to dumbshit drivers :rofl:

Come At Me CHP, I Dare Ya!

Back