• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Looking for T5 ballast

I'm prepping for next seasons grow and one of the ballasts in my T5 fixture went pop. I'm having trouble finding a source for a 2x24w ballast (preferably one that delivers to Canada). Any suggestions?

I've been into various hobbies which require massive amounts of artificial light, from full blown SPS coral aquariums running 2500 watts of MH lighting to dart frogs and leaf tailed geckos in vivariums running T8s/5s.  I've always had very good luck with workhorse ballasts on all my fluorescent lighting setups.  You can buy bare ballasts and their site is very intuitive for the DIYer when it comes to wiring.  http://horse.fulham.com/

Thanks for the info. I actually ordered one from Amazon.ca (it's a 3x24w instead of a 2x24w -hope it works...). I had a really hard time finding a 2x24w, either the purchase price was outrageous, or the shipping cost was, but the one on Amazon was only $14.03 and free shipping.

I have booked marked the Fulham site for future reference.

Let us know how it works. Most of the ballasts on the panels I use are fused to the fixture, but I would be curious for a DIY.

Well, my order just got cancelled...

Now I am considering replacing the two T5HOs tubes with LED equivalent to make a combo T5/LED fixture - i need to do a little more research...

Back