• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Big Bomb Cherry Hybrid Pepper?

• I HAVE A FRIEND THAT HAS BEEN GROWING IT FOR MANY YEARS!! I seriously doubt its an f1 anymore unless someone is talking about another strain but I doubt that, I also don't think its a hybrid I think the Big bomb came about due to selective breeding, they just chose plants that had abnormally large fruit and went from there, there is no difference in flavor between the regular size and big bomb that I have noticed, you have to be carful, sometime that kind of talk is just marketing strategy to suck you in
  • I could be wrong
hope this helps

thanks your friend Joe

AK47 said:
I grew this pepper this last year, I got it as "Big Bomb Cherry Pepper". I found a link .. http://gardener.wikia.com/wiki/Capsicum_annuum_%27Big_bomb%27

It says it's an F1 Hybrid..but doesn't specify with what. Anyone else grow this, or have any information on this pepper? I saved seeds and plan on growing it again if anyone is interested.

I have regrown seeds from these and didn't get any abnormalities other than one plant where the pods are more heart shaped.  I'm still calling seeds from it "Cherry Bomb Heart Pheno F3" but I really doubt they are really all that unstable, and I also have no real way of knowing what the generation is, I'm just going under the assumption that the originals were F1.  I have this plant overwintered right now and its trunk is massive.

Thanks Joe.

Yep, ilovefish, I had no abnormalities in the pheno's either so I guess that goes to Joe saying it's not a hybrid, just selective breeding.

Back