• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Post your RELLENOS

I have challenged BigB to a Relleno Head to Head challenge. We will determine the date and rules in this thread. Hopefully I can add a poll later if not I will either ask el Heffe or start a new thread for posting/voting. This will be awesome as our recipes are very similar and we have already agreed that we will both use our iPads for pictures, so there won't be any advantage/disadvantage with the photography.

What do you think BigB, a week or two from now?

oh yeah...

YOU'RE GOIN' DOOOWWWNNN!!!!

:rofl:

Your call, I prefer a Friday night but that's just because I will need Tequila whilst whuupin' yo ass! hahahaha

Friday, December 12th? does that work for you?

Looks like we got a throw down!!!!
2hnz6ed.jpg

You know you're going to need an unbiased third party to taste the goods and do a review. 

nudgenudge;) ;)

Fight fight fight fight ! Taking bets, will give odds at regular intervals just send money to oldsalty care of oldsalty
Murrells Inlet SC :) ill keep it························ SAFE!

Like i said in chat, I don't mind if I win or lose, this is a game of who can take the most appealing picture, not who could make the best chili relleno lol With that being said, if someone wants to fly him or I to each other's city as well as yourself to judge, I hear miami beach is a great vacation spot ^_^

salsalady said:
You know you're going to need an unbiased third party to taste the goods and do a review. 

nudgenudge;) ;)
Nothing's worse than a soggy relleno lol 

This is totally just for fun!

However, we need some guidelines, er... um... "ground rules". 

• Deadline for entry: Start: Thursday December 11, 12:00 PM EST. End: Friday December 12th, 12:00 PM EST (24 hours)
• Voting will start Saturday morning and end Monday morning.
• iPad/iPhone/iPod pics only
• Recipes and methods posted with final entry pics
• You and me can't vote
• PoL posted Thursday, the day before
• Should we limit how many different Rellenos we can make? One? Two? Three? (Beans, Cheese, Shredded Pork, etc)
• No side dishes allowed, (this is ALL about the Rellenos!)
• Smack-talk is welcome!!!!

Feel free to add, change or omit any of these. We have about a month to hammer this out!

This is gonna be great! :woohoo:

Me personally, I'd say just go with one recipe and it should be cheese (variety could be the make or break), but I can understand why you'd want to do something else inside. To me, the essence of the chile rellenos (even though it means stuffed) is about the batter and the sauce topping. You already have so many flavors going on, the acid from tomato, the sweet from the pepper and the savory from the cheese filling, why make it more complex and have some sort of spiced meat inside? But do what you wish, I don't care lol I'll make a 2nd filling if I need to regardless of what's in it

I agree with Oldsalty! Cheese is pretty much cheese, even if you mix cheddar, pepper jack and cotija, it's still just cheese.

One meat and one cheese will give this H2H some depth.

Your sauce could be the death of me tho.

We gotta go ALL OUT here buddy!!!!!

Wow so many rules lol... I thought TDs had rules.

The Hot Pepper said:
Wow so many rules lol... I thought TDs had rules.

hahaha I know. I was thinking that whilst typing it all out. But really, to make it as fair as possible, there must some rules.

Back