• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Cranberry Fire Lite

Cranberry Fire lite hot sauce. I only used c. annuums (about 50 reconstituted dried chilies from the oriental market) in this year's mix for my wife who has bad reactions to c. chinense chilies.. It will great on our turkeys and hams this holiday season. Last year I used Bonda Ma Jacque chilies. 3 bags of cranberries, 2 whole oranges (deseeded) 5 cups of sugar 5 cups of water.

hot stuff said:
Have you ever triiiiied cranberry and spiciness together? Hmmmm?
I have, it just didnt taste right to me. When i think of cranberry sauce, i look forward to that mix of sweet and tart. A mix of heat in there just doesnt hit the palate the right way, personally.

Oooohhhhhh pepper jelly yyyuuummyyyy!!
hot stuff said:
Cranberry Fire lite hot sauce. I only used c. annuums (about 50 reconstituted dried chilies from the oriental market) in this year's mix for my wife who has bad reactions to c. chinense chilies.. It will great on our turkeys and hams this holiday season. Last year I used Bonda Ma Jacque chilies. 3 bags of cranberries, 2 whole oranges (deseeded) 5 cups of sugar 5 cups of water.
Hey hot stuff what other chilies would you recommend and what size bag of cranberries were they!! I have habs and Moruga right now. Any thoughts would be appreciated doing a cranberry ferment.
Thanks

oldsalty said:
Oooohhhhhh pepper jelly yyyuuummyyyy!!
Hey hot stuff what other chilies would you recommend and what size bag of cranberries were they!! I have habs and Moruga right now. Any thoughts would be appreciated doing a cranberry ferment.
Thanks
Well for my cranberry hot sauce I used the standard size bags you can get at the store cheap, idk what are they 12-16oz?
What other kind of chilies? I think anything would work well, the citrusy tasting/smelling the better in my book for this. Depending on one's tolerance I'd start off with 1 superhot per bag of cranberries.
Note, I used whole oranges, peal and all excepting seeds, for this. cut them up and put them through the blender. My final ph was still 3.1.
And this was not a ferment.

Back