• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting AJs Naga Morich, Orange Hab, Red Savina Harvest 07-05-08

Here is what I picked about 15 minutes ago or so...first picture is overview, next 3 are "closeups"..

070508001.jpg

This is about 1/4 of the pods off of the cut back orange hab I grew thru the winter....plant is still loaded with peppers...

070508002.jpg

Naga Morich - Planted 01 January 08...these are the contest Nagas and they are absolutely loaded with flowers and tiny fruit...as I said earlier, these plants are going to be good producers it seems...

070508004.jpg

Red Savina - Seeds started 15 December and only one out of three plants are producing well....

070508005.jpg

If the other chinense I planted the end of January and end of February produce this well, I am going to have plenty of peppers to play with...

Looks great! I have a few Orange Hab bushes loaded with very large fruit and some are just turning orange.

My Caribbean red's were NOT setting fruit inside, so I stuck as many as I could out my window and they are setting fruit like crazy now.

Cant wait :D

Congratulations AJ, beautifull harvest
My Nagas are a little behind yours ,but I eat small piece yesterday and it had great taste...small piece like green pea

Picture457.jpg

Picture458.jpg

Those are beautiful looking peppers!!! The presentation is very well done.

Have you eaten any yet? The Naga Morich looks HOT:hell:.

Great looking peppers

Man those are some incredible peppers I can't wait to do what you just did 15 minutes ago the final payoff good job.

A.J i just love nagas wohoo its gonna be hot at your place for a while..how do you pickle if you dont mind me asking vinegar/brine?:)

Pepper Art 07-06-08

Thanks all...

I finished pickin' my ripe peppers this morning and decided to have some fun with them....the wife says I have too much time on my hands...

A few tomatos make the top of the head with some Satans Kisses above them, the mouth is orange thai, the ears are Anaheim, the outline of the face is Super Chilis...the "cigarette" is a Lemon Drop...the smoke from the "cigarette" is Wild Tepins and Thai Bullets, the eyes are Scotch Bonnets...the brow is made of a bunch of small cherry tomatos (can't call the name)...the chin is Cayenne, the goatee is made of Aji Lemon, Scotch Bonnets, one Hungarian Wax, a bunch of tabasco (on the bottom), and a red savina..

Most of the peppers from yesterday and today will go to make Powder, a few will be eaten fresh and a few will be used to make pepper infused vinegar...

PepperArt07-06-08.jpg

AlabamaJack said:
Thanks all...

I finished pickin' my ripe peppers this morning and decided to have some fun with them....the wife says I have too much time on my hands...

A few tomatos make the top of the head with some Satans Kisses above them, the mouth is orange thai, the ears are Anaheim, the outline of the face is Super Chilis...the "cigarette" is a Lemon Drop...the smoke from the "cigarette" is Wild Tepins and Thai Bullets, the eyes are Scotch Bonnets...the brow is made of a bunch of small cherry tomatos (can't call the name)...the chin is Cayenne, the goatee is made of Aji Lemon, Scotch Bonnets, one Hungarian Wax, a bunch of tabasco (on the bottom), and a red savina..

Most of the peppers from yesterday and today will go to make Powder, a few will be eaten fresh and a few will be used to make pepper infused vinegar...

PepperArt07-06-08.jpg

Nice edible art work there. Seems the pic fits well with it too;):lol:

Thanks Rabbit...

Here is a pic of 40 Orange Habs, 45 Naga Morich, about 15 Red Savina and all the other peppers I picked yesterday and today ready for the Dehydrator...matter of fact, the dehydrator is purring away as I type this...

07-06-08Dehydration.jpg

Wow AJ! That's some harvest and the face is great. All those peppers might keep you busy for a while. I'm still waiting not so patiently but I see signs things are making progress.

Jackie

Back