• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Paludarium grow

For all of you that don't know what a paludarium is it's a very cool vivarium that incorporates both terrestrial and aquatic elements. Paludaria usually consist of an enclosed container in which organisms specific to the biome being simulated are kept. My paladarium will be simulating a rainforest/Brazilian type habitat. it will have a water portion (freshwater) and a terrestrial which will hold carnivorous and tropical plants will be able to be completely interchangeable so I can change the setup if it doesn't look right.I will be utilizing hydroponic net pots to accomplish making the plants removable. The mountain itself will be made from expansion foam covered in living moss, rock, and other material.  animals and such will be added after the setup is complete.

Here are a couple pics so far. 
cfb9b314-9f9e-4a2c-ae93-6b8297cad377_zps17ef3a15.jpg

94bdf963-b399-4d8c-81c2-d993d247a37b_zps47bc34dc.jpg

What are the dimensions of this unit? The possibilities look pretty wild.

The fog tweaks the imagination quite a bit. I suspect it could help mosses gain a foothold.

I believe its 30 in long 12in high and 11in wide not 100% on that though. yes the fog looks better when the water is added in it makes a 2in sheet across the water

Looks awesome!

I ordered a selection of carnivorous plant seeds to try my hand at this winter as well. This is a great idea for 'em after a year or two. What other plants are you putting in there? And critters too? Some of those poison arrow frogs would look sick in there... and they'll eat flies same as the carn. plants.

I'll be keeping an eye on your progress here, good luck! I've seen a few of these really well done and they are INCREDIBLY cool.

AaronB said:
Looks awesome!

I ordered a selection of carnivorous plant seeds to try my hand at this winter as well. This is a great idea for 'em after a year or two. What other plants are you putting in there? And critters too? Some of those poison arrow frogs would look sick in there... and they'll eat flies same as the carn. plants.

I'll be keeping an eye on your progress here, good luck! I've seen a few of these really well done and they are INCREDIBLY cool.

I will be doing some sundews, nepenthes, tropicals, and maybe a capsicum lanceolatum. I will be doing shrimp in the water maybe a couple fish, crabs and possibly a dart frog

Very cool. Nepenthes are the pitchers right? Never knew there were so many varieties of them, or the sundews and v fly traps for that matter until just a couple weeks ago. A capsicum would look neat in there for sure.

Back