• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Red MOA Scotch Bonnets Community Grow

A while back Cmpman1974 started a thread for a SASBE of red MOA bonnets. As one of the lucky individuals that got in on this awesomeness, I figured i'd start a community glog for these babies. Anyone that got these seeds feel free to posty up your picks. These are all courtesy of the gracious generosity of Cmpman1974 and KiNGDeNNiZ, Thanks alot guys, y'all rock!
 Oh and on an unrelated note, this is my first time creating a glog so if anyone has any suggestions on things I could do differently, don't hesitate to chime in. 

NOW POSTY UP!

eCzb9G7.jpg

Not the best Image, I know... Like I said this is my first time doing this, lol.

I could post only pics with the seeds, but I suppose this doesn't count, right? :rolleyes:
KiNGDeNNiZ was so kind to add these seeds as extra in a buy, so with the help of God will join next year with some plant pics.

coachspencerxc said:
I'll go. Here are 2 of my little Red Scotch Bonnets. Twas a very generous offer. THANKS! Excited to see the finished product.
Hgn3vNY.jpg

Whoa! That came out a little bigger than I'd hoped. Sorry.
coachspencerxc said:
I'll go. Here are 2 of my little Red Scotch Bonnets. Twas a very generous offer. THANKS! Excited to see the finished product.
Hgn3vNY.jpg

Whoa! That came out a little bigger than I'd hoped. Sorry.
That's a beautiful sight right there.

woot, looks like the first rounds are up in NC. Hopefully mine should only be a week or two behind. If anyone knows anyone else who received these seeds maybe you could pm them and let them know they're welcome to post or just check out this thread whenever! Thanks again guys for joining the conversation, and thanks again Chris and Denniz for these babies!

Chris rocks. I have them, too. Well, sort of.

We've been having an exceptionally warm winter down here in Miami. As I type this, sitting outside in shorts and a t-shirt, it's 9:30 PM and 70 degrees, and one of a half dozen nights so far that have been cool. So far, the coolest night we had was 59, and I brought the seedlings indoors for that.

Needless to say, my red MoA starters were looking great. Had them in a mixed hundred cell with Ají Ahuachapán, Bhut Jolokia Orange Copenhagen, Inca Red Drop, Armageddon, and Yaki Brown, in coco coir, Black Kow, and perlite.

When I went to bump them up to 4" pots, I tripped. Naturally, I did what any of us would have done and ate a faceful of asphault in an attempt to not drop the liner. Dropped it anyway.

This is the part where I mention, for anyone that doesn't know, that I was a line cook once upon a time. Needless to say, the stream of profanity was as creative as it was endless. To borrow a phrase from Anthony Bourdain, a "Tourette's-afflicted Marine" would have blushed.

I was able to save quite a few of them, but I won't know what's what until they pod up. I'm thankful for three things, though. Firstly, I'm in the habit of holding back just a few seeds when I plant, so I'll have red MoAs this season regardless. Second, the other varieties that they got mixed up with are pretty easily distinguished from MoAs. And thirdly, strong teeth run in my family on both sides. Asphault, shmashphault.

WOW, that's unfortunate. Btw I was a line cook for years myself and it has definitely supplemented my vocabulary in a bad way, lol. Glad your teeth are still intact! I'm sure the peppers will love you long time for taking such good care of them, GROW ON!

East Texas Heat said:
WOW, that's unfortunate. Btw I was a line cook for years myself and it has definitely supplemented my vocabulary in a bad way, lol. Glad your teeth are still intact! I'm sure the peppers will love you long time for taking such good care of them, GROW ON!
What station were you on? I was mostly on garde manger.

coachspencerxc said:
Ouch. Makes me squirm just thinking about it. Hopefully everything works out for the plants & glad you're ok.

Totally fine. Nothing worse than a busted lip. When a line cook gets up cursing, it's his way of telling the world "I'm okay." Thanks, though. Glad to see you post; reminds me that I've been meaning to get something out to you.

You haven't line cooked until you line cooked for a Greek owned restaurant where the Greek owner was also a line cook.  I can get up cursing and do three languages in the same sentence lol

Wicked Mike said:
What station were you on? I was mostly on garde manger.

Totally fine. Nothing worse than a busted lip. When a line cook gets up cursing, it's his way of telling the world "I'm okay." Thanks, though. Glad to see you post; reminds me that I've been meaning to get something out to you.
I've done about every job there is in a restaurant. On the line i mostly did assembly/expo a little frying, broiling and grilling. Before my most recent job I was managing, which meant doing all the cooking plus scheduling and getting yelled at by everyone lol. Lots of fun, can't say I really miss it but I got a lot of stories and a little humility out of the experience.

Back