• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Perlite only grows

I got given some Basil plants that were bought at Aldi that looked to be potted in almost 100% Pearlite.

Shorerider said:
I got given some Basil plants that were bought at Aldi that looked to be potted in almost 100% Pearlite.

How are they going?

Also, what is Aldi like compared to Woolies/Coles? We're still waiting for Aldi here in Perth... Wait A while...

I've considered using perlite only in a couple of my grow systems, but I've never tried it yet.  I have to expand my aquaponics system and may do this since I have a couple of bales of perlite left over from this past season.

Ummm, they died. But for some reason I can't grow basil for $#!t. My Dads plants from the same pot seem to be ok, but were yellowing a little last time I saw them.

Aldi is cheap, very, very cheap. But it's just like buying no name brand stuff from any of the other big supermarkets only in nice packaging.

I like it for the random stuff they have. Anything from motorcycle accessories to gardening equipment to bicycles.

SR.

I got a dutch oven from them which normally cost 50-100 and I got mine for 15. It was originally 30 but I chanced it and let it drop in price and got a super good deal
Shorerider said:
I like it for the random stuff they have. Anything from motorcycle accessories to gardening equipment to bicycles.

SR.

juanitos said:
check youtube mhpgardener dutch buckets, he uses only perlite

+1
I did this early this year for a while. It works fine as long as you understand that this is a hydroponic grow.

Back