• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

fermenting Buddy's Ferments - 2016 Season Has Started

Here they are . . . not sure how they will end up, but it looks like they are all off to a good start:

DSC_1081.JPG

DSC_1083.JPG

DSC_1084.JPG

DSC_1085.JPG

DSC_1086.JPG

DSC_1087.JPG

DSC_1088.JPG

Wow the ferment/sauce artist is at it again making masterpieces. I bet those smell heavenly, really wish they'd come out with smell-a-vision already dammit. Taste-a-vision would be great as well. They all look and sound delicious but #3 and #6 look absolutely amazing and the ingredients *insert Homer drool sound*. Smoked red moruga puree *more drool* Well #3, 6, and 5..........and 1 and oh hell who am I kidding. They all look damn awesome as usual, thank you for sharing the pics buddy!

oldsalty said:
Freaking awesome buddy!! Getting ready to put up my next 6 ferments!
Your making it look easy :) love that cabbage leaf weight my favorite technique!! When are you planning on processing?
Or how long can you wait? Hehe
can't wait to see your next 6!  thinking about processing #1 and maybe #2 right before Christmas - would like to get them into the Holiday gift packages.

buddy said:
can't wait to see your next 6!  thinking about processing #1 and maybe #2 right before Christmas - would like to get them into the Holiday gift packages.
So, will you likely make any further additions at the time of processing, or just cook, strain, cook, bottle?

Added 2 more ferments today . . . I'm now done until I final process some of these as I'm out of airlocks. 
Ferment #7 = 16 oz. Orange Habaneros, 8 oz. Yellow Bells, 24 oz. Peaches, 8 oz. Carrot, 3 oz. Garlic, 15 Allspice Berries.
Ferment #8 = 24 oz. Orange Rocotos, 16 oz. Mango, 8 oz. Onion, 8 oz. Carrot.  (I'm really looking forward to this one).

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

Thanks for looking.

TJP

Back