• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Just ate my first Habenero!

No I didnt take any pictures, and I had never worked up the nerve before. I found a pickled brand called Mezetta, said hell with it, and ate one whole. It was pretty damn hot no doubt, my girlfriend ate half of hers and then threw it away. I drank half a glass of milk with it after the heat got really firey. :mouthonfire:

I cant wait to put some in an omelette or some Mexican. :onfire:

*edit* Habanero, I spelled it wrong like an idiot.

for once, i agree wit shayne ;)

Pickled is nothing like fresh...not even close.
But, a good start.. :)

That first time you pop a fatali in yer mouth, you wont forget.

And, that's not hot. Bih will rip yer soul out, and make you wish you had liked cucumbers instead..

I'm not kidding. I can't even explain how hot Bih/Bhut is,....there aint words.

I've had 2M+ extract suposedly, and it had nothing on a real Bih Jolokia pod.
Like eating lava. That hates you. I can't explain how much it hurts so good.

I love it so. Hippy knowws whtu i mean...it's a thing I cant explain.

Eating even a 1/8 tsp. of pure aussie Bih powder..is risking your life..I liked it. Few on Earth would. I ground Bih, and dipped a finger in it...and licked it..I dare anyoen to do the same.

I neer saw DK eat a Bih pod, dry or otherwise.

I will, when i get hippy pods..then whuts DK gonna do? :)

Bring it buddy ;)

Good Job...Not bad ey? I agree with the fresh being better that pickled, a lot more flavor too. Watch out though, they are addicting...LOL I find that I love Habs on just about everything and even keep a jar of Hab powder around for when I can't find fresh pods.

Well I had read on here and in other places that fresh were way hotter, so I thought I would do a tester on a pickled one before my pods in the garden get ripe, just to make sure I wanna try one fresh, and I do. :)

AlabamaJack said:
The endorphin rush is something you can experience without exerting any physical energy except for lifting the pepper to the mouth and chewing....

I am having eggs, sausage, naga/orange habanero/red savina salsa right now...sweat is building...rush is coming...only uncontrolled legal high in the US left...

It is pretty sweet I will say that. Last night my girlfriend just kept smiling waiting for me to really freak, but I was ready for whatever heat was to come, I chewed it up for 15 to 20 seconds, and as the heat built I just shook my head and smiled letting her know it was getting hot.

After I swallowed it, I went to say something and it give me the hiccups. Then I wanted milk to kill the hiccups more than anything, that turned into me laughing my ass off. Pretty good times actually. :lol:

I LOVE those Mezetta pickled habs!!! They're not insanely hot but are good for when I just want a nice lil burn. I think they taste great too.

And, they're FABULOUS in omelets or even just plain ol' scrambled eggs. I like them on lots of things, actually. Try substituting these instead of jalapeno slices on your nachos!

ImpyChick said:
I LOVE those Mezetta pickled habs!!! They're not insanely hot but are good for when I just want a nice lil burn. I think they taste great too.

And, they're FABULOUS in omelets or even just plain ol' scrambled eggs. I like them on lots of things, actually. Try substituting these instead of jalapeno slices on your nachos!

I'll do that, I cant wait to try them on omelettes. I pretty much live on omelettes on the weekends!! :)

AlabamaJack said:
The endorphin rush is something you can experience without exerting any physical energy except for lifting the pepper to the mouth and chewing....

I am having eggs, sausage, naga/orange habanero/red savina salsa right now...sweat is building...rush is coming...only uncontrolled legal high in the US left...

Hey, don't let the gov't know. They may want to tax it!:shocked::lol: Also, to the guy that ate his first hab. Pickled or not. It's a nice addicting feeling isn't it!:D

rabbit said:
Hey, don't let the gov't know. They may want to tax it!:shocked::lol: Also, to the guy that ate his first hab. Pickled or not. It's a nice addicting feeling isn't it!:D

Yeah, I ate another Friday night! ;)

So i found these Mezzetta pickled habs at a local market, finally. I'm munching one now and there's no comparison with this and a fresh pod. I have to say though, these are damn good and are a welcome addition to my condiment collection. :D

Hey calor! My breakfast made me think of you :). I'm feasting on scrambled eggs w/ the pickled habs. Have you tried them in eggs or an omelet yet?

I used the Mezetta habs in some food yesterday. I had some spare Pico De Gallo in the fridge so I diced up one of the habs and put half in the pico and the other half in some whipped eggs. Cooked the eggs as an omelette, added the pico, and covered it with shredded mexican cheese. TOTALLY gross, I wouldnt try it. :lol:

:mouthonfire: It had a pretty decent burn too.

CaLoR said:
I used the Mezetta habs in some food yesterday. I had some spare Pico De Gallo in the fridge so I diced up one of the habs and put half in the pico and the other half in some whipped eggs. Cooked the eggs as an omelette, added the pico, and covered it with shredded mexican cheese. TOTALLY gross, I wouldnt try it. :lol:

:mouthonfire: It had a pretty decent burn too.

Nice, I just ate this for lunch:

S6301174.jpg

May not be pretty, but it's onions, garlic, red jalas, orange habs, Ham and mushrooms done up in a bit of EEVO, then scrambled into two eggs and some curry/chipotle powder. Served on wheat toast and smothered in Cheddar-Jack. Sprinkled with seasalt and pepper.

Only took about 10 mins including prep. :)

As RR says...Yummo!

-QS

Back