• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

RYMERPT 2015 "BUCKET LIST" grow log

This ladies and gentlemen will be my second year growing peppers. A big shoutout to my friends that have helped me on this journey. Mike, Jojo, Rocketman, Spork, Hogleg, Sicman, SORRY IF I FORGET TO MENTION YOU. These folks and the entire THP community has made me what I am in the pepper world. I have grown 20+ plants on a small appartment balcony and had decent success. My list for 2015 is still up in the air right now, but soon to be. Trying to talk the wife into letting me start the seeds inside before Christmas.

4954279009_how_the_grinch_stole_christmas_xlarge_zpscf4b3936.jpg

Tentitive thoughts about grow list:

Purple jalapeno
Reaper
Ghost
Aji pineapple
Star fish
LemondropXtepin

Gonna try to get seeds planted soon.

Stay tuned.

This year I'm going as big as I can with the pots. My best luck was five gal bucket for my ghost.

Nice.I plan on starting my seeds around the same time.Best of luck with your seeds starting.THP has some really good people on it.

Rymerpt said:
This year I'm going as big as I can with the pots. My best luck was five gal bucket for my ghost.

Sounds like you've learned some valuable lessons in your first season. Small pots just cramp a pepper plant's style and lead to disappointment for the grower. It's so much more satisfying to watch a grow with all the room it needs. 
     Looking forward to watching your balcony turn into a big green jungle!

edit: What are your plans for soil and nutes?

Using soil taken from last season's pots. My nutes will remain 10-10-10 and epsom salts.

Talked wife into starting. We just picked up 60 mini solo cups. Gonna start seeds tonight. I'm thinking at least twenty reapers (I'll give them away as needed if they all sprout.) Undecided on others.

Good luck on this coming season. New to the forum and also my second year. And also located in Los Angeles and work out in Malibu. Got some seeds on my heat mat as well.il,send you a list of seeds I have. Let me know if you would like to trade some. I a few varieties. Hope some might catch your eye. We can meet up locally to exchange face to face or ship. Hope to hear from you. Pm coming.

Back