Any Good Free Email Hosts for Domain?

In the past, Gmail and Outlook supported free domain email hosting. That is, if you owned a domain (eg. www.jomamma.com), you could route an alias for free (eg. hottoddy@jommama.com) through your Gmail account, etc. Recently, both Gmail and Outlook started charging $5/month for this service :( I have an old business domain that is grandfathered in for free, but it won't let me change/update without the fee. This isn't a huge deal but I'm looking for any recommendations that remain free. Hope that makes sense.

In my searching, it appears inbox.com still does this for free but I don't know a thing about them. Any thoughts or recs? Thanks in advance!

juanitos said:
my web hosting company has an email portal for my domain for free.... why do you need to use an external sevice?

Mine does too, but webmail portals are clunky and amateurish compared to gmail, outlook, etc (at least mine is). Having multiple such domain emails come to google was seamless, but no longer free. Maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay up.

hottoddy said:
In the past, Gmail and Outlook supported free domain email hosting. That is, if you owned a domain (eg. www.jomamma.com), you could route an alias for free (eg. hottoddy@jommama.com) through your Gmail account, etc. Recently, both Gmail and Outlook started charging $5/month for this service :( I have an old business domain that is grandfathered in for free, but it won't let me change/update without the fee. This isn't a huge deal but I'm looking for any recommendations that remain free. Hope that makes sense.

In my searching, it appears inbox.com still does this for free but I don't know a thing about them. Any thoughts or recs? Thanks in advance!

I've been using web.com for about 15 years now and with the cost of my domain I get free email service(up to 100 email addies) with my own addy. Mine is currently just a vanity site but they have been great with support and costs. ( I even just got a free month because their billing system didn't auto-deduct my monthly fee.)
check out their rates...very reasonable. You of course would have to transfer your domain to the service but it's not a issue and they'll be happy to help you with that too.
http://www.web.com/hosting/unix.aspx#

OhioHeat, Ed

Back