• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Manzano Madness store seed

From Food for Less shopping store the wet Manzano seeds were thrown into paper towel which made mostly mold and one sprout.

She is quite a looker with those purple flowers.
While the flavor is not the best for salsa maybe I can find a use for the peppers.

manzano0.jpg

manzano1.jpg

manzano2.jpg

manzano3.jpg

Nice pics Nute and a very happy plant -- Mine seems to be pissed off at me and not growing very much anymore -- I am going to trying changing locations outside (its in a pot) maybe needs more sun

Many of the salsa frescas in Mexico use manzano and they are delicious.

I grew manzanos specifically to use in salsa fresca. Just made a bean salsa w/manzanos and it got rave reviews.

Ahhh.....concerning taste there is no dispute.......

I too believe the flavor and heat of C. Pubescens is just excellent.

Chris

willard3 said:
Many of the salsa frescas in Mexico use manzano and they are delicious.

I grew manzanos specifically to use in salsa fresca. Just made a bean salsa w/manzanos and it got rave reviews.

Ahhh.....concerning taste there is no dispute.......

I find manzanos to be a bit bland... but they do have their uses. Their flavor is best when used fresh as Willard said. As I have said before, maybe it's just the Guatemalan manzanos (aka Chile Caballo)

manzanos/rocoto/locoto all pubescens have intresting flavours,have only tried rocoto orange and canario and there fantastic peppers :)

Back