• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Helvete (ikeepfish) 2015 Grow Log...Green is Good!

2015 grow list updated.
If you've sent me crosses that you don't see on the list it's because I'm keeping them anonymous.

• Strain ID# Species
  • Apache A1 C. annuum
  • Corno di Toro A3 C. annuum
  • Goatsweed A4 C. annuum
  • Jamaican Mushroom (Yellow) A5 C. annuum
  • Nosegay X Unk. (F2) A6X C. annuum
  • NuMex Big Jim A7 C. annuum
  • NuMex Sunrise A8 C. annuum
  • Purple Flash B1 C. annuum
  • Takanotsume B2 C. annuum
  • Thai Prik Ki Nu B3 C. annuum
  • Tepin (corked) B5 C. annuum var gab.
  • Tepin X Aji Lemon Drop B6X interspecific
  • Aji Habanero B7 C. baccatum
  • Aji Omnicolor X Unknown (F2) B8X C. baccatum
  • CAP 215 B9 C. baccatum
  • Cereja (Pi441560) C1 C. baccatum
  • Dedo de Moca C2 C. baccatum
  • Orchid C3 C. baccatum
  • Sugar Rush Cream C4X C. baccatum
  • CAP499 C5 C. chacoense
  • 7 Pot (Bubblegum) C6X C. chinense
  • 7 Pot (Douglah) C7 C. chinense
  • 7 Pot (Gigantic SR Orange) C8 C. chinense
  • 7 Pot Barrackpore X CGN 21500 (F2) C9X C. chinense
  • 7 Pot Jonah X Naga Viper (F4) D1X C. chinense
  • 7 Pot Primo X Bhut Jolokia Yellow D2X C. chinense
  • 7 Pot Yellow X Bhut Indian Carbon D3X C. chinense
  • Aji Dulce D4 C. chinense
  • Bahamian Goat D6 C. chinense
  • Bahamian Goat X White bullet hab D7X C. chinense
  • Bhut Jolokia (Copenhagen Orange.) E1 C. chinense
  • Bhut Jolokia (Peach) E2 C. chinense
  • Bhut Jolokia (Red) E4 C. chinense
  • Bhut Jolokia ("Not" White) E5X C. chinense
  • Bhut Jolokia X Pimenta De Neyde E6X C. chinense
  • Fatalii F1 C. chinense
  • Fatalii ("Mortalii") F2X C. chinense
  • Habanero (Yucatan White) F3 C. chinense
  • Habanero C. chinense
  • Malaysian Goronong F4 C. chinense
  • Not Black Naga F5 C. chinense
  • Pi159233 F6 C. chinense
  • Pi281429 F7 C. chinense
  • Pimenta de Neyde F8 C. chinense
  • Reaper F9 C. chinense
  • "Reaper" ("Chocolate") G2X C. chinense
  • Safi G3 C. chinense
  • Scotch Bonnet (MoA) G5 C. chinense
  • Sic Mutant Orange (F2) G6X C. chinense
  • Trinidad Scorpion (Moruga) G8 C. chinense
  • Trinidad Scorpion (Peach) G9 C. chinense
  • CGN19198 H3 C. eximium
  • Aji Chuncho H4 C. frutescens
  • Birgit's Locoto H5 C. frutescens
  • Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw H9 C. chinense
  • Cumra cherry I-3 C. annuum
  • Aleppo I-4 C. annuum
  • Orange Manzano I-5 C. pubescens

Others:

Tomatillos/Ground Cherries:
  • Physalis peruviana
  • Physalis ixocarpa
  • Physalis pruinosa
  • Physalis alkekengi
  • Physalis philadelphica

Food Solanums

• Solanum lycopersicum (tomato)
  • Solanum melongena (eggplant, Ichiban and white aubergine)
  • Solanum americanum (Hawaiian "popolo" berries)
  • Solanum nigrum L. (Italian "Otricoli orange")
  • Solanum retroflexum (wonderberry)
  • Solanum melanocerasum (garden huckleberry)
  • Solanum aethiopicum (S. integrifolium, Ethiopian eggplant)

Other Solanums

• Solanum dulcamara L. (bittersweet nightshade
  • Solanum pseudocapsicum (Jerusalem cherry)
  • Solanum carolinense (horsenettle)

Other (toxic) Nightshades

• Mandragora autumnalis (black mandrake)
  • Hyoscyamus niger L. (black henbane)
  • Datura stramonium (Jimsonweed)
  • Datura inoxia (toloache)
  • Scopolia carniolica L. (Russian belladonna)
Some beans, corn, squash, herbs like thyme and basil and some other toxic/medicinal plants too.  Also cultivating Maclura pomifera tree seedlings this year to plant on the property here to harvest the wood when I'm old and senile.

That's a heck of a list to chose from, and all the Bhuts promise a LOT of heat down the road.  :onfire:

The Sugar Rush baccatum is new to me.  Have you grown them before?

Geonerd said:
That's a heck of a list to chose from, and all the Bhuts promise a LOT of heat down the road.  :onfire:

The Sugar Rush baccatum is new to me.  Have you grown them before?
Actually I think they were sourced from Scorched

Grow list updated.  I got another T5 light yesterday, going to set up my germination station and soak/plant seeds today...pics and/or a video coming soon!

EDIT: I see that my grow list pic is kind of small that people might have trouble reading it, I'll fix that at a later time

Just noticed that you had "chocolate" reaper on your list. Is that Dale's one? I've been curious as to whether anyone had gotten/bought seeds and grown it out and what the results were. I haven't seen any posts here on THP about it in awhile. I've been really curious what the verdict is.

Oh and I've been checking out the ytube vids, very nice. I'll say one thing. I'm envious as hell at the skill you have on the electric. I think those 2 vids are my favorite even though I went there for the horticulture vids.

Scorched said:
Just noticed that you had "chocolate" reaper on your list. Is that Dale's one? I've been curious as to whether anyone had gotten/bought seeds and grown it out and what the results were. I haven't seen any posts here on THP about it in awhile. I've been really curious what the verdict is.

Oh and I've been checking out the ytube vids, very nice. I'll say one thing. I'm envious as hell at the skill you have on the electric. I think those 2 vids are my favorite even though I went there for the horticulture vids.
The chocolate reaper did come from Fakers I got them in a seed trade.

Here we go again, nice list and great start Rich like the double cup method. I too was gonna ask about the Sugar Rush pepper, be cool to see a picture of this pepper. I am a big fan of the baccatum, curious to see what come from the "fakers" choclate reaper too. Hopefully it doesnt morph into a bell pepper...lol.

Now lets see whats happening in the aquaponics!

Cheers! :cheers:

Great vid! I'm always interested to see what other successful gardeners use for soil mixes. I'm trying my first attempt at a full organic grow this year, so every recipe gives me perspective on what I'm doing. 
     Do you find incubating soil mix to be unnecessary? I made a mix similar to yours, wet it down with compost tea and let it sit in a tub on a heat mat for about a month to let the microbes do their thing and cycle up the nutrients I added. (More details are in my glog.) Lemme know what you think.
     I'm definitely interested to see how our grows compare this season. Our gardening techniques and philosophies seem to be pretty much in line (except for scale  :shocked: ). Keep teachin' and I'll keep watchin'!

Alright just a seedling shot, things are speeding up, many of my first starts are getting true leaves already and I'm going to finish up the rest of the seeds hopefully today.  Most of what has come up so far has 100% germination rates, which surprises the hell out of me. 

20150111_092116_zpsx7hi8wfi.jpg

Also, whoever crossed the 7 Pot Barrackpore X CGN21500 that I ended up getting, those things are supercharged, and they have a nice purple accent around the leaves.

In the meantime it's 13ºF outside so we've got this going.
20150107_173802_zpsoysgxrvp.jpg

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
      Great vid! I'm always interested to see what other successful gardeners use for soil mixes. I'm trying my first attempt at a full organic grow this year, so every recipe gives me perspective on what I'm doing. 
     Do you find incubating soil mix to be unnecessary? I made a mix similar to yours, wet it down with compost tea and let it sit in a tub on a heat mat for about a month to let the microbes do their thing and cycle up the nutrients I added. (More details are in my glog.) Lemme know what you think.
     I'm definitely interested to see how our grows compare this season. Our gardening techniques and philosophies seem to be pretty much in line (except for scale  :shocked: ). Keep teachin' and I'll keep watchin'!
I've never thought to incubate soil, mainly because when the moist soil heats up under the light I think it does fine.  Maybe I'll try it with a batch in my second round next month to see if the results are any different.  Also, I'm starting the S. dulcamara and S. integrifolium today as well so they can catch up to the rest of my solanums.
beerbreath81 said:
Here we go again, nice list and great start Rich like the double cup method. I too was gonna ask about the Sugar Rush pepper, be cool to see a picture of this pepper. I am a big fan of the baccatum, curious to see what come from the "fakers" choclate reaper too. Hopefully it doesnt morph into a bell pepper...lol.

Now lets see whats happening in the aquaponics!

Cheers! :cheers:
I'll get a more in depth video with the progress of my aquaponics soon, I already have a lettuce tray built that goes right into the fish tank but I haven't installed it yet

Great list - some interesting Baccatums.  I had read of the Sugar Rush and wanted to know more about it.  I'll be eager to see how it does for you.  The Orchid is cool as well.  
Better save seeds!

Can't improve on that germination rate! :D

Looking good! 
On incubating..cooking...mellowing...ageing....soil. The way I understand it, many organic fertilizers may not release their nutrients into water solubility until processed by micros and fungi, and other  thingies. However, I think if the soil mix has a significant wide spectrum "kitchen waste" compost component  with some other slow release kicking in later, you'd be ok with seedlings up to a month or two and by then of course the slow release should be kicking in. I could see a problem with un-incubated soil being used when up-potting a plant close to flowering/fruiting stage. The larger plant is going to have higher available nute demands. Another problem could arise if a particular organic nute had demands of its own while breaking down, thus competing with the plant. If in doubt a little of something with 3-4% available N and maybe a shot of seaweed juice to make sure for everything else.  I've made a lot of bad potting mediums over the years. Once I started using some basic mixing guidelines and ageing the soil for a month I haven't had a bad batch.

Hey everyone, I haven't been on the site much but I wanted to post some grow progress

Overwintered Pimenta de Neyde pushing out flowers in beast mode
20150217_170028_zpsyenyz7n0.jpg

These three are all Lucy F4, gonna give them each their own cup this weekend
20150217_170158_zpspejznti4.jpg

CAP 499 C. chacoense took almost 2 months to germinate
20150217_091434_zpss8mhtx3e.jpg

Thai Prik Ki Nu.....less than 2 months old and already budding (lol)
20150217_091411_zpsknlvkwc9.jpg

C. eximium  very slow growing plant, I don't know if that's normal or ?  This plant is almost 5 months old and is still tiny
20150217_091306_zpsjiirzebe.jpg

These are all various C. baccatum I believe
20150217_091244_zpshotnfybr.jpg

Current weather:

20150217_073952_zpseajyityn.jpg

Back