• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

CHILISCON

As the thread title denotes,(no consideration to the restaurant chain)

I am inquiring of the multitudes here, what does the name at first glance, impression bring to mind?

An incomplete name of a bowl of soup like food typically called "Chili con carne".

The restaurant and the fruit are called "Chiles".

Scoville DeVille said:
An incomplete name of a bowl of soup like food typically called "Chili con carne".

The restaurant and the fruit are called "Chiles".
Thanks, but actually they are not.

http://www.chilis.com/EN/Pages/home.aspx

And so far as I can tell, only the NM institute refers to them as chile. Most other successful searches are returned from chili
http://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/

A Google of chile returns most notably a place. Virtually no reference to the spicy fruit til page #5
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=chile

View attachment 16387

Who knew? I've never been there. Or TGIFriday's or The Cheescake factory, Outback, or Applebees for that matter.

We have had this spelling debate many times here on THP and I think it boils down to where you live, how you were raised and what time of day it is. But to answer your question, "CHILI'S CON" doesn't really make sense to me. All caps and Chili with an apostrophe s make chili possesive. Chili's-con, what exactly. Is this the name of a sauce, or someone who steals peppers?

Scoville DeVille said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

Who knew? I've never been there. Or TGIFriday's or The Cheescake factory, Outback, or Applebees for that matter.

We have had this spelling debate many times here on THP and I think it boils down to where you live, how you were raised and what time of day it is. But to answer your question, "CHILI'S CON" doesn't really make sense to me. All caps and Chili with an apostrophe s make chili possesive. Chili's-con, what exactly. Is this the name of a sauce, or someone who steals peppers?
well said.

I have my own issues with improper spelling as well as others, as is why I took special precautions as to not add confusion to the thread. I guess I could have included (disregard  lack of punctuation and emphasis of caps other that to draw attention). I chose to post quickly to keep things minimal. My err.

Still, thanks for the feed back

Chili's Con kinda sounds like someone named chili is sponsoring a convention.  Though CHILICON would go better (like COMICON) imo.  Or it could be referring to a crime commited by Chili Palmer from Get Shorty/Be Cool fame.  Still even CHILICON first evokes Chili to me - like red, with beef, in a bowl, with beans, eaten with a spoon.  Or green, with pork and hatch chiles.  CHILECON would therefore seem to me to be a convention for all things pepper.  

SmokenFire said:
Chili's Con kinda sounds like someone named chili is sponsoring a convention.  Though CHILICON would go better (like COMICON) imo.  Or it could be referring to a crime commited by Chili Palmer from Get Shorty/Be Cool fame.  Still even CHILICON first evokes Chili to me - like red, with beef, in a bowl, with beans, eaten with a spoon.  Or green, with pork and hatch chiles.  CHILECON would therefore seem to me to be a convention for all things pepper.
Ok who's starting CHILICON 2015 !!? And what bands will we hire?

OK, I have made all the modifications to the name that I can without causing additional confusion later.
I agree with all the critique thus far and the only reason I did things the way I did is because no matter how you spell it, someone will get the wrong intention and we would be addressing this from the other direction.

Peter S said:
A chile pepper convention.
Peter, Why did you answer chili pepper convention when there are obviously so many other possibilities

Is it meant to be plural? Chiliscon is like saying "Comicscon".

CHILESCON

CHILISCON

CHILECON

CHILICON

(I just wanted to see them typed out differently).

Is this a real thing you are starting?

How about "CHILE FEST"?

We have one of those here in the PNW every year and you're invited. 2 days of camping, eating, drinking, fun and games and more eating and drinking.

And all things :HOT: of course.

Scoville DeVille posted yesterday, at 06:36 PM

CHILESCON

CHILISCON

CHILECON

CHILICON

How about "CHILE FEST"?

We have one of those here in the PNW every year and you're invited. 2 days of camping, eating, drinking, fun and games and more eating and drinking.

And all things :hot: of course.

Yes.
I am in the exploratory phase right now. But I am in the process of securing a few things now, that I will need before a final decision is made to announce the event and it's dates.
I do know, as I have since I first considered this event that it would be called  CHILI-CON / CHILICON. Both will, or may be used interchangeably.

I have secured the domains for CHILI-CON as of 5 mins ago.

CAPCOM said:

Scoville DeVille posted yesterday, at 06:36 PM

CHILESCON

CHILISCON

CHILECON

CHILICON

How about "CHILE FEST"?

And all things :hot: of course.

Yes.
I am in the exploratory phase right now. But I am in the process of securing a few things now, that I will need before a final decision is made to announce the event and it's dates.
I do know, as I have since I first considered this event that it would be called  CHILI-CON / CHILICON. Both will, or may be used interchangeably.

I have secured the domains for CHILI-CON as of 5 mins ago.

As well as CHILE-CON. I am very satisfied in locking up those domains .coms and .nets

Back