• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

pure capsaicin

So far i've tried the ghost pepper (naga bhut jolokia) and the carolina reaper.

I handled both pretty well, my face swelled up with the carolina reaper but thats all.

I've ordered pure capsaicin crystal online and am awaiting delivery, any advice on the matter of consuming this stuff, so far i know that it must be dissolved in alcohol and heated slightly.

plus i do have ulcerative colitis, will this kill me?

thanks in advance guys and gals

crazedlunatic1995

What's the purpose here?

Enjoy a little with your food. Bragging rights are for idiots. Pure cap is sort of pointless.

If you can't have a reaper without your face swelling, you might use a little common sense and deduce that ingesting pure cap is probably not the brightest idea you've had in your recent history. 

Capsaicinoids ( of which capsaicin is one of ...)  are funky little compounds.  People can put the pure powders on their tongues and most say "it's not that hot".  There are tons of YT videos of eating pure "capsaicin" powder.  The weird things happen when people are looking for the Mouth/Fire feeing but don't get that upon eating straight powder. 

Early on in our Pure Evil trials a test batch yielded the following happening-
Person tasted Pure Evil (at about 800,000 SHU concentration) didn't "feel" anything in the mouth so they added about 40 drops to 1/3 cup bbq sauce and ate it all with chicken nuggets.  About 30 minutes later, the gut was talking, the full on endorphin rush was kicking in, but the mouth didn't still didn't feel hot. 

you could eat it and not feel a thing but some stomach cramps

you could eat it and end up in the ER 

PS- :welcome: ~1995 to THP! 

PPS- just don't do it, it's not worth it.  Get some superhot chile puree, give that a go and then see if you really want to tackle pure capsaiciods that will probably disappoint you because it's in a form that your mouth will not "feel" to be hot.

whatever happens, Have Fun and Post Pics!   (we luuuv pics!!!)

crazedlunatic1995 said:

I handled both pretty well, my face swelled up with the carolina reaper but thats all.

I've ordered pure capsaicin crystal online and am awaiting delivery, any advice on the matter of consuming this stuff, so far i know that it must be dissolved in alcohol and heated slightly.

Your face swelling up doesnt sound like you handled anything "pretty well" :rofl:

dont blow your house up heating up alcohol,be safe ;)

:welcome:

So 6 days after i placed my order, it arrived.

a tiny vial packed to the brim of the white powder.

I've decided im going to make a hot sauce using it, using the top three peppers (ghost, naga, and carolina).

only problem is i have no idea what i should use to dissolve the capsaicin in a way that would work in the sauce without ruining any of the flavour.

any advise?, google wielded few results 

hybrid mode- check the ingredients.  If it says oleoresin or such, that's extract...not capsaicin powder. 

salsalady said:
hybrid mode- check the ingredients.  If it says oleoresin or such, that's extract...not capsaicin powder. 

I wasn't referring to extract. I'm talking about naturally occurring capsaicin from peppers. I've never experienced capsaicin separating out of sauces, so I would assume it would be easy enough to just add some and then heat up the sauce until it dissolves or emulsifies or suspends or whatever.
     If someone is adding so much pure capsaicin to their sauce that they need to take special precautions to ensure that it stays in solution… I don't know what to tell them.  :shocked:  :sick:

Ah, I see what you are referring to.  Fresh chiles mixed into a sauce does not have separation of the capsaicinoids. 

CL1995 was asking about mixing pure capsaicin powder into a sauce.  Hopefully the OP will read what I posted about "not feeling the straight product.". 

perhaps a whiskey or maybe tequila tom dissolve it in, better distribution and a different flavour?

sirex said:
Dude said " my fave swole up but that's it! "

Hahahahahs!!! :)

Craziness!!!!
glad im made you laugh, though to be honest, the more i read about capsaicin the more it scares me.....im genuinely terrified.

thanks for the replies, liking this site already

crazedlunatic1995 said:
glad im made you laugh, though to be honest, the more i read about capsaicin the more it scares me.....im genuinely terrified.

and you should be!

Even opening that vial of powder is dangerous.  Breathing in the powder is harmful.  If some powder gets on the counter and someone else (like... maybe....CHILDREN...) get it on their hand by accident it can seriously mess up their eyes, nose, mouth... not to mention other private bits....if their fingers are a little greasy, that would be enough to dissolve the capsaicin and spreadable.

I deal with capsaicin powder when making Pure Evil and I wear a full respirator mask, gloves, line the work area with disposable material...Capsaicin powder is some serious sheeit.  I would urge you not to even mess with it.  But, people being the idiots that we are, I know you will likely do it anyway, so please be extremely careful.

And if you really do go through with it, please video it so we can laugh at your... (uhhhmmmm....how should I put this?...)... at your stupidity?  :lol:  

(There's a reason my Pure Evil information sheet says to "Keep Away From Children and Idiots.")
True Story.

salsalady said:
and you should be!

Even opening that vial of powder is dangerous.  Breathing in the powder is harmful.  If some powder gets on the counter and someone else (like... maybe....CHILDREN...) get it on their hand by accident it can seriously mess up their eyes, nose, mouth... not to mention other private bits....if their fingers are a little greasy, that would be enough to dissolve the capsaicin and spreadable.

I deal with capsaicin powder when making Pure Evil and I wear a full respirator mask, gloves, line the work area with disposable material...Capsaicin powder is some serious sheeit.  I would urge you not to even mess with it.  But, people being the idiots that we are, I know you will likely do it anyway, so please be extremely careful.

And if you really do go through with it, please video it so we can laugh at your... (uhhhmmmm....how should I put this?...)... at your stupidity?  :lol:  

(There's a reason my Pure Evil information sheet says to "Keep Away From Children and Idiots.")
True Story.
Thanks for the reply and the advice.

Any tips on making a decent hot sauce?       

thanks

There's a lot of suggested recipes here at pepperfool.com  just reading through a bunch of recipes will give you ideas of what others are doing.

Have Fun!

SL

Back