• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Sucks livin' in 'da ghetto!

My wife and I heard what sounded like gunshots earlier as the cadence was odd for a firework and sure enough, 1 block down the street and the cops are all over.
My brother-in-law is one of them so he called to tell us what was up. I have the Mossberg 500 always at the ready in these parts.

94de66f1bbd363360c40dfb2b6733dc2.jpg

Yes I'm from the Haystack and its now become the ghetto. I moved from there in 99. I go there once a month and to be honest I do not miss it at all. I have good memories from the 60's and 70's. But after that its gone downhill. I'm glad you have a mossberg !!!

Unfortunate for that to happen near you PMD, I feel for you and yours and am glad you guys are ok!  It would also be unfortunate for a thread like this to divide the forum along racial lines.  thp is all about inclusion and acceptance.   

queequeg152 said:
by ready you mean... you were on the back porch ready to fire into the air wildly?
Queequeg, i was robbed, in my home, by an irrational knife-wielder a few years ago. Worked out fine, i escaped, waited till he left, and tidied up after him. The neighborhood i lived in was such that, had i been able to phone... the police would have put me on hold. Literally, i'd wager.

I'd describe the whole debacle as embarassing. I felt unmanly. Cowardly. There was a minimum of property loss, and nobody got hurt. I call that a "win".

PMD had none of the options available to me. His potential aggressors had guns. Much more importantly, he has a wife to protect. I doubt he would be as silly as you suggest.

SmokenFire nailed it when he warned us of divisive issues in our forum, and i considered remaining silent. On the other hand, you're mocking a man for protecting his mate, and angry responses seem likely.

I'll say it: i think you owe the man an apology.

lol twas a joke about bidens ridiculousness. PMD's not one to sit quietly and take an insult. if he took my joke badly i think we would all know about it by now.

for what ever reason when i read "shotgun", was the first thing i thought of.

I apologise... your logic seems sound, and i'm a bit abashed... i don't know proper protocol or courtesy here... would it be appropriate to delete my previous post?
queequeg152 said:
lol twas a joke about bidens ridiculousness. PMD's not one to sit quietly and take an insult. if he took my joke badly i think we would all know about it by now.

for what ever reason when i read "shotgun", was the first thing i thought of.

Back OT

I would question why PMD only has one shot gun?
Im conservative,we have 11 easily accessible arms from one end of the house to the other
4 of them are shot guns
2100sq' single story house for perspective

Keep that Mossberg handy. I used to live in an area where, if you heard gunshots, you knew they were aimed at someone. Because of that, I moved to the country, where it sounds like a war zone every hunting season.... and you know it's all good! But, I STILL keep fully loaded equipment by the bed, because nowhere is immune to crime.

Here is the real deal. Trash comes in all sizes and colors. We have white trash, black trash,brown trash,yellow trash and every other mixture of trash. There is nothing racial at all about that IMHO. I have friends who are white, black, chinese, japanese, mexican etc.... and none of them are trash. Its the bad apples in each group that give them a bad name. And in the ghetto there are both the good eggs and the bad eggs. 

After reading all of those comment I'm happy that I live somewhere as peaceful, crime rate is really really low, I've never heard gun shot , except when I hunt, or target shoot, never in my city. 

Still I have my 1911, my ar-15 in my vault with mag ready if something happen. 

Exactly what I referenced,they are worthless for home defense unless you can get an intruder
to stand by while you go get your gun

Back