• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

"Burger King"

burger-king-53804390456_xlarge.jpeg

Does anyone know how to best replicate the flavor of Burger King? ...

Danielle likes the smell/taste of Burger King ...

I'm going to take a stab at recreating that taste, but I don't even know where to begin as the only thing I can of that's close to it, is the taste of that liquid smoke crap ...

Has anyone had to figure this out for their kids, or is anyone else a fan of the BK taste and knows? ...

There used to be a site on the internet that was great for impersonating meals from US chain restaurants, but that was a loooong time ago (I got the monte cristo and potato soup from Bennigan's there, LOL) ...

Any help and/or tips appreciated ...

Cook over open flame and then age to perfection in a warming drawer for 6 hours.

And make sure you microwave the tomato and lettuce for maximum sogginess.

:rofl: 

Seriously though, I haven't eaten at a BK in 30 years and have no clue.

You know me, I'm an INO guy.

My guess would be a sprinkle of granulated onion, some Hunt's (I'm a Heinz guy) ketchup, some French's yeller mustard, and a splash of liquid smoke ...

I need to make sure I get some little cartilage knarls in there too, as no BK burger eexperience can be had w/o wondering what at least one little grisly bit was ...

I wish I was kidding about this.

I don't think liquid smoke is going to do you any good in replicating a BK burger. That stuff (Wright's) is condensed wood smoke. I think TB touched on that when he suggested cooking on an open flame. The smokiness in a Whopper comes from beef fat flare ups on a bottom-fired LP broiler. 
     Try using a really thin patty on a gas grill (highest flame). In the time it takes to fully cook the patty, you want to achieve that sweet spot between delicious black char marks and "Oh shit, this thing's a hockey puck.". A thin patty should make this possible. 
     As far as seasonings go, I don't recall ever tasting anything on the patty itself. Just the condiments on the finished burger.

texas blues said:

You mean like even the little bits of hoof?

Don't forget slightly used bandaids and the occasional pube.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Having worked there before...first step is to not use beef. 2nd is it cannot be fresh unbeef products. Conveyor belt with fake fire infused flavor, microwave cheese and steam the bun. 

You left out the aging process.

6 hours minimum in the warming drawer for the unbeef to develop that fine aged to perfection paper mache flavor and texture.

Thank me later.

texas blues said:

You left out the aging process.

6 hours minimum in the warming drawer for the unbeef to develop that fine aged to perfection paper mache flavor and texture.

Thank me later.
Yes, it was actually a warm water bath....

Back