• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Making an All-Purpose Pepper Seasoning Spice/Salt/Powder

I've got some yellow scorpion powder courtesy of PaulG, and I'd like to make exactly what the topic says.  I guess I could just add some of the powder to some Lawry's seasoning salt, but I think there are probably better ways to go.  I'm not looking for anything particularly ethnic.  If you have any ideas with ingredient proportions, I'm all ears. 

Maybe THP should have a subforum for Pepper Powder Seasonings?

3 parts salt
1-2 parts yellow scorp powder
1 part garlic powder
1/2 part onion powder

good as is with the above 4 ingredients but if you want to make it a more specific blend add one of the following-

trace of dried lemon zest, oregano, thyme, black pepper (lemon pepper blend)
2 parts Italian herb blend (oregano/basil/thyme/etc)
2 parts Mexican spice blend

salsalady said:
3 parts salt
1-2 parts yellow scorp powder
1 part garlic powder
1/2 part onion powder

good as is with the above 4 ingredients but if you want to make it a more specific blend add one of the following-

trace of dried lemon zest, oregano, thyme, black pepper (lemon pepper blend)
2 parts Italian herb blend (oregano/basil/thyme/etc)
2 parts Mexican spice blend

Hear me now, 'bleed me later...

Anyone that don't cotton to SL's recipe on this is a dang fool.

Exactly how I do it but use any dried t-scorp or any dried chile for your heat satisfaction.

Ground thai's, pequin's, et.al. will yield the same result's, just variations of heat.

texas blues said:

Hear me now, 'bleed me later...

Anyone that don't cotton to SL's recipe on this is a dang fool.

Exactly how I do it but use any dried t-scorp or any dried chile for your heat satisfaction.

Ground thai's, pequin's, et.al. will yield the same result's, just variations of heat.
And she is so very kind to share her most secret recipes. You'd think a smart business woman like her would know better. But, as is said many times, pepper people are the best!

Back