• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

American Sniper

Status
Not open for further replies.
This comes out Christmas day and I wanted to read the book first so I just downloaded it to my Kindle. It was only $2.50. Can't beat that.
It's so sad the way he died after all he had been through. It was directed by Clint Eastwood so it should be real good.

Thanks for the heads-up! Just pulled the Kindle trigger. Anything by Eastwood (will) open my wallet.

And yes, a very very sad end to an extraordinary career.

I've got some Winter Texans from Canada visiting my shop lately that have Marine bumper stickers on their car. I've been meaning to express my admiration for their Canadian snipers, just haven't gotten around to it yet. ;-)

If the author of that article didn't like the movie then I suggest he go watch Spongebob instead. There was so much bullshit in that article it was hard to even skim through.

I'll take the honest experience of a veteran over gratuitous bravado. He clearly had what it takes, and I have no right as a civilian to question his character. What gives you that right is beyond me.

The article writer is more concerned with the larger impression given by American Sniper. The reality of war, rather than another dramatic glorification.

It is at best a decent war flick, but not much more than a thinly veiled recruiting video.

I'm not in for the pacifist stuff, but I have to agree a lot of US military personel had a very strange view on war, to say the least. I don't really agree with that text because of the way it was written (they want to make a point and don't have an objective view) but do agree on the original point. A lot of them have a very unhealthy view of war.

And I agree with the Canadian ones, I've witnessed some very impressive shots with their McMillans (Edit to clarify; range shots at Oberlausitz). I was also really impressed with the norwegian FSK with their L115's at CM. Snipers are a special bred of people. Not really because of their shooting (a lot of that is material and training) but more the phsychological strength, patience, discipline and endurance. It's a long way to become a sniper.. I'm sure I wouldn't get nearly as far.

And PMD, I think he got what it takes. I'm not sure what your combat experience, but if you come out "just fine" it means you are mentally ill.

Just my 2 cents.

Pfeffer said:
And PMD, I think he got what it takes. I'm not sure what your combat experience, but if you come out "just fine" it means you are mentally ill.

Just my 2 cents.
He is going around the country preaching anti-war propaganda. That makes him a disgrace to the uniform in my opinion. In regards to "having what it takes" I disagree. Hell he had to shoot one person three or four times to kill him. That's a pathetic sniper. Of course he was Army. lol

Proud Marine Dad said:
He is going around the country preaching anti-war propaganda. That makes him a disgrace to the uniform in my opinion. In regards to "having what it takes" I disagree. Hell he had to shoot one person three or four times to kill him. That's a pathetic sniper. Of course he was Army. lol

Care to explain the perfection of your first kill?

I assume from your critique, that it went much better.

In this day of global communication, it shouldn't be hard for you to track him down and explain why you think he's a little bitch. I'm sure he would love to hear your explanation.

Proud Marine Dad said:
I don't have to explain shit to you kid.

That's because you never served a day in your life, have nothing to explain and are commenting on things you'll never understand.

If you had any balls, you would share your opinion with Reppenhagen. I doubt you would enjoy those little marbles being kicked up into your throat.

War is so fascinating to those that never experience it.

Can't wait til we remove the last shreds of honor in fighting ...

B9ln1hPIIAAKyZP.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8YjvHYbZ9w

miguelovic said:
That's because you never served a day in your life, have nothing to explain and are commenting on things you'll never understand.

If you had any balls, you would share your opinion with Reppenhagen. I doubt you would enjoy those little marbles being kicked up into your throat.

War is so fascinating to those that never experience it.
You don't know shit about me asshole so go fuck yourself boy. Just another little asshole behind a computer screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back