• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

I'll be found goldbely up.

Seriously, this could get ugly ... I mean UGLY, and really, really quickly ...

https://www.goldbely.com/?dc=calzone129

(EDIT: Switched link to one w/ referral code, which adds $15 to my account (during a limited-time promotional window, I'm sure))

I can try Katz's now, if I want ...

Maybe we can get folks to write a note re: the places in their area, that sounds fun and useful ...

OK, well, that already happened ...

Dude you're crazy. You're ordering brisket to eat for the day you are making brisket??? :lol:

Can't wait to surprise a friend Saturday ... how do you put a price on that? ...

The Hot Pepper said:

You might be spoiled by the city ... when was the last time you were out of there for more than a week? ...

I just think it's funny ordering corned beef brisket sandwiches from NYC for lunch, while you have brisket on the smoker the same day for dinner!!! HAHAHAHA!

It's all about da brisket. 1000 miles or the backyard, up to you man LOL!

Enjoy. :)

I have the problem of being oversubscribed all of the time ...

For me to have the same food from Jason's Deli across town, it would cost me $20 less. The food would cost $60 less, but the trip there and back would chew up an hour that I'll otherwise spend working (in OT) ...

The true "luxury" tax for experiencing Katz's versus Jason's Deli is $20, in earnest ...

Calling up my friend and having him and his kid over for sammies and having surprise city food when they come ... priceless.

$90 dollars for two sandwiches is way too expensive for me but at least they offer free shipping. I love the Ruben from Jason's Deli that thing is stacked! Never been to NYC so I don't know how it compares to Katz.

Yeah ... I normally go to Jason's Deli if I want pastrami or corned beef, here ... it's a helluva sammie!

So ...

2 @ $90 = $45 per sammie
4 @ $120 = $30 per sammie

Only getting two costs 50% more ...

THP can tell us, but food costs in the city are pretty exceptional to begin with ... I wouldn't be surprised if each sammie wasn't $18-20 there in NYC ...

Actually, considering I'm still working on using up the $20 (6 lb) Boston butt from last weekend, I'm under budget for the week by a good amount compared to usual ...

have some company, but here ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419102286.044655.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419102307.961585.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419102325.457658.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419102334.574996.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419102348.260371.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419102358.509958.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419102368.577881.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419102384.632602.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419102392.962280.jpg

back to barista duties ...

Pretty cool dude!

How did you warm it?

Served with a new pickle. Yummy meal there.

I think the sandwich is in the twenties now so it's not a stretch to mail order if you find a good coupon. I guess. I wonder if the amount of meat is the same in the mail. But then again, Katz's was never the mile high place like some of the other delis.

Carnegie Deli:

carnegie_deli.jpg

Back