• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Is this a Bhut?

I have had this plant for about 2 years now. The peppers are incredibly hot. I suspect it is a Bhut or similar. To many they look like a normal wrinkly cayenne, but once they taste it, after they stop crying, they say it is insanely hot and definitely not a cayenne. It is quite a talking point. The pods look amazing when they are in the green-yellow-red stage as it ripens in sections giving a rainbow look. Please can someone id this one.

It is a very nice plant. I have taken seeds from it and have grown a few new ones. The pods come out the same as this one. Very nice looking! It is extremely hot - even my gums hurt when I eat it. The plant is about 30cm tall and about 40cm in diameter yet produces about 300 pods over a summer! 

I planted the seeds from it about 4 months ago and this is the result. It is growing very nicely and the pods are still green, but the length of the pods is slightly longer. I look forward to seeing how they look when ripening.

Those jay ghost scorpions look fantastic, but I don't think these are the same. There are almost the same size as a cayenne, but with the habanero fruityness and extremely hot. 

Back