• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant Help IDing pepper plant

Hey guys.  I was given a plant from a buddy who had no clue what kind of plant it was.  He knows I like my hot peppers so he just dropped it by.  It has a couple peppers that look to be getting ready for picking.  I know it's not some crazy ghost pepper or anything like that but I am not sure what it is and I know you all are the experts on this stuff.  Thanks!

k4SXjvw.jpg

Hcx8Tl2.jpg

not like Bulgarian carrots I had for a couple of years .... are you sure guys ?
the calyx seems different and leafs seem wider ... also B.C. are much hotter than Jalapenos.... but the pods are very much like B.C. ....
I bet you're right but it could be slightly crossed imho

tsurrie said:
not like Bulgarian carrots I had for a couple of years .... are you sure guys ?
the calyx seems different and leafs seem wider ... also B.C. are much hotter than Jalapenos.... but the pods are very much like B.C. ....
I bet you're right but it could be slightly crossed imho

I grew Bulgarian Carrots this year and they were much hotter than Jalapeno also, even hotter than Thai peppers but below Habanero.  I cant say I was blown away by the flavor of them also, but that is subjective to everyone. 

The chili itself does have the appearance of a BC, I cant speak for the calyx and leaves though, I didnt commit to memory of those characteristics. 

CAPCOM said:
Sweet and hot between jalapeno and habanero?

Between Thai and Habanero.  Hotter than a Thai, but well below a Habanero.  The chili is pretty, but I didnt care for the flavor at all.   

I grew Large Orange Thai peppers, much better flavor but not nearly as hot. 

Back