• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Please help, what are these spots on my pepper plants?

Hello all, not sure what these spots are?I have looked up bacterial leaf spot but that doesn't seem to look like this at all. Its on only a certain type of plant which is the Centennial Rainbow Pepper. All of the other plants don't seem to have this type of spot. I was wondering if its just the characteristic of the plant or something. Thank you all for your input.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3ye0brxzzxhafg/plantspot2.jpg?dl=0

and
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rf9ue32sem7pdp7/plantspots.jpg?dl=0

What growing medium are you using, and are you ensuring that the soil is getting fairly dry between waterings? Note that putting your finger in the top part of the soil is not enough - this won't tell you if it's dry enough where the roots are. Best method I've found yet is the weight method - just gently lift the pots up and judge how heavy/light they are before and after watering. If you let the leaves droop just a tad then lift, you'll know how light the pots should be before watering again - don't let them droop all the time, just get close to that weight.

That was just regular miracle grow seedling soil. I have now switched them over to gritty mix for better drainage. Are you saying that the spots on my leaves are from overwatering? I f that is so, that's better then a virus fungus or bacteria.

4 32 w 48 inch bulbs about mmmm 3 inches away, I don't think could be it?
I just want to make sure this isn't a type of disease that will spread to my other plants.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     It sorta looks like sunburn to me. What kind of lights are you using and how close to them are your plants?
I'm agree. excess heat can cause dehydration and salt injury

These are fluorescent lights so the heat they give is almost non existent. So you can put the lights almost on top of the peppers I give a few inches just in case.

Yes it does but the spots on the plant were from before they were in soil with stater feed. So it's not a feed issue either. I'm thinking it must be some kind of fungus or bacteria I'm too sure.

Ty for the link, it seems the closest is spider mites I think. Can this happen inside. They were grown from seed
Closer inspection I don't think it's that either I don't know what it is but I need to figure it out asap

Back