• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Cool Pepper Shakers...Tiny Glitter Bottles

These would be cool to pack along in a lunchbox, I think.  Credit must go to my wife, damnit...Cost was $.97.  They are plastic.

Two hole sizes.

bpwilly's popcorn seasoning on the right; PaulG's yellow 7-pot blend made into an all-purpose pepper seasoning, per salsalady's recommendation, on the left.

Good re-purposing of those glitter jars that I'm guessing you might of got at the dollar store?  Nice!  Are these your Travel Packs...cuz those would be used up in about 1 meal around here!  :lol: 

several jar distributors have 1oz spice jars-  and larger sizes-
http://www.freundcontainer.com/plastic-spice-jars-pp/p/2302B02WHT/

container and packaging supply also has some, but I couldn't find what I was looking for on a quick search.

Just be careful,sometimes products like those have lead in them.You can always use spice bottles that are empty.I was thinking about using those little one shot bottles.  :drunk:  :drunk:

The Hot Pepper said:
Doubt they are BPA-free.

Food storage is food grade for me.

I was thinking about that too.If they use lead as a bonding agent,that would be two bad things. :mope:  :mope:  :mope:  :mope:  :mope:

I would never suggest that as I have no idea, I'm a "better safe than sorry" type person though, and I notice even when they sell dry spice containers, they are food grade. I don't even like eating on those plastic plates unless they are food grade. The ones from the dollar stores, no way!!! :)

Scoville DeVille said:
And they look water-tight too. Nice find!

So when you dumped the glitter, did you prance around in your front yard, throwing it up in the air yelling, "Look at me! I'm flying!"?

Just curious. LOL
You have spies, sir.
The Hot Pepper said:
I would never suggest that as I have no idea, I'm a "better safe than sorry" type person though, and I notice even when they sell dry spice containers, they are food grade. I don't even like eating on those plastic plates unless they are food grade. The ones from the dollar stores, no way!!! :)
I think I understand you, but basing your position on something with which you "have no idea", is simply, irrational.  No biggie to me.

There's nothing wrong with avoiding cheap Chinese plastics from touching your food as you never know what's in them, as another poster said, lead binders. People avoid Chinese metals too even though they have not tested them to see what's in them. They just avoid in general over the talk of them using all kinds of stuff in there. So it is not totally baseless. I'm just cautious.

It was just a post as to what I would do I didn't say the plastic was bad or advise you against it. :)

Yeah, I know. I just like a good argument, and occasionally, like stirring the pot. My last comment here: It seems to me that if there is so much poisonous Chinese metal/plastic, wouldn't you see a corresponding number of sick/dead Americans?

Just don't get caught with that on your person for some traffic stop, or have your pockets searched! Yikes! Looks like your packin' some PCP or some dirty 'P-Nut Butter' Meth... I could just imagine a cop pulling out a tester kit to test the anon powdery substance which the owner claims is 'super powerful/will definitely light you up' and instead of turning blue for positive, it turns RED- calls into dispatch..."it turned RED, sir...and is smoking..and I'm starting to cough! This stuff is FIRE"

(used to live near a university and was stopped a few times/pockets searched while walking near some frat houses just when the cops were called for a complaint- unknown to me- they thought I was perhaps making a break for it/ skippin'-the-scene..those 'vials' made me shudder to think of explaining that one. "No officer, really...just smell it!! It's not what you think.. Yeah, just SMELL THE POWDER!)

:rofl:

Great looking bottles/ re-purposed use for them idea though, but I agree with the above posters about plastics and food safety concerns.

Alchymystic said:
Just don't get caught with that on your person for some traffic stop, or have your pockets searched! Yikes! Looks like your packin' some PCP or some dirty 'P-Nut Butter' Meth... I could just imagine a cop pulling out a tester kit to test the anon powdery substance which the owner claims is 'super powerful/will definitely light you up' and instead of turning blue for positive, it turns RED- calls into dispatch..."it turned RED, sir...and is smoking..and I'm starting to cough! This stuff is FIRE"

(used to live near a university and was stopped a few times/pockets searched while walking near some frat houses just when the cops were called for a complaint- unknown to me- they thought I was perhaps making a break for it/ skippin'-the-scene..those 'vials' made me shudder to think of explaining that one. "No officer, really...just smell it!! It's not what you think.. Yeah, just SMELL THE POWDER!)

:rofl:

Great looking bottles/ re-purposed use for them idea though, but I agree with the above posters about plastics and food safety concerns.

I think in this situation you'd have a hard time explaining even if it was a spice shaker in your pocket. Imagine if they had a dog for smelling out drugs. The dog would be dragging it's face across the ground and you'd be going "But officer"..thump.. "I told you"..thump.. "not to let"..thump.."your dog"..thump.."smell that"..THUMP!!

Back