• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Trinidad perfume leaves yellow :(

I hate sounding like a control freak but My leaves are yellow and I'm thinking I need to switch to a bloom fertilizer. Any thoughts? I left pictures of the leaves.
okPJTJ6.jpg
M1h9MJr.jpg
107dHBS.jpg

I should also mention nothing was wrong with this 2 month old tree. Not a color or a sign or anything.

if most everything else looks good and these are old leaves it could just be the plants killing them to make room for new ones. so probably not your fertilizer.

I tried pinching the leaves and they cannot be pinched like they are solid. I'm gonna leave it alone I pulled the light up like 2 inches and hopefully it corrects itself. My nutrient soln is only 1 week old.

lack of light will cause leaves to yellow too, if the top is looking nice, and can take the heat, leave the light where it's at. They don't look that bad. if it starts to yellow all the way up the plant, then it's fertz, or rootbound, but not in your case, I wouldn't think.

Hey mate, my scorpion leaves are a lot more yellow than yours (not sure why, they get plenty of light, i feed them every fortnight, only water when needed, etc) but despite the colour it is still growing pods no problem. I remmeber this plant started out pretty green and then slowly went yellow (no psyllids on this plant either as I know they make your leaves go yellow too). Hopefully this is just what some of them do and you'll get a good crop off this plant.

2014_12_31_18_05_36.jpg

I'm using new bloom spectrum t5s and I'm flushing the res for a change. I'm gonna run Botanicare pure blend pro bloom, floronectar pineapple, great white and roots excellerator. I'm using the pure blend pro cause it's 99% organic and i guess I want to get the best possible taste.

Does any one use neem oil on their chili leaves for insects? My setup is in the garage and some days are still very warm and rainy and the bugs come in the garage. What is the recipe you guys use?

This is my wild brazil/cumari
NgQy8sH.jpg

My 7 pot brain strain red and trindad perfume are flowering but no buds opened yet

Here's the trindad perfume under the new lights. I can't wait to update with pictures of the pods
HSwraCr.jpg

Looking good :) That's a beauty flower

Neem, around 5-10ml per litre with an emulsifier/surfactant. 70*F spray solution is ideal, helps avoid any separation/clumping.

Matthew_293 said:
Here is my Trinidad Perfume's bloom that i observed this morning

sGVb6pE.jpg
I'm certain that's a Capsicum baccatum flower, yet i understand Trinidad Perfume to be a low-capsaicinoid strain of Capsicum chinense.
Is there a C. baccatum strain by the same name?

From Wikipedia:
Pepper varieties in the C. baccatum species have white or cream colored flowers, and typically have a green or gold corolla. The flowers are either insect or self-pollinated. The fruit pods of the baccatum species have been cultivated into a wide variety of shapes and sizes, unlike other capsicum species, which tend to have a characteristic shape. The pods typically hang down, unlike a Capsicum frutescens plant, and can have a citrus or fruity flavor.

I think it might be a capsicum baccatum variety. It is supposed to have citrusy/pineapple flavors and very little heat. The person who I got the seeds from says it looks like the correct flower, but hes still trying to get pictures. I can also observe the flowers are angled down and I can assume that a heavier pod will make it droop more. I hope all my issues are corrected and I get some pods soon. My Cumari is dropping a lot of buds but it also has an insane amount of buds and I think it was just a side effect of the plant being in poor health about a week ago. My roots had slime and now they are back to health and I'm running a new fertilizer and some bud sweetener. Thanks everyone for their help, I have my fingers crossed hoping I can have something to taste in a few weeks.

Back