• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Shit the Bed - Bunster's C-Bomb Hot Sauce - 2014 Hot Sauce Advent Calendar Day #23

http://youtu.be/WqqoLxjAfHU

Slosh's Bar & Grill 2014 Hot Sauce Advent Calendar - Day #23

Welcome back to Slosh's Bar & Grill and welcome to our 2014 Hot Sauce Advent Calendar ... 25 sauces in 25 days!

On the twenty third day of Christmas Slosh tries the brand new hot sauce from Bunster's C-Bomb Hot Sauce - Shit the Bed! http://www.dropthecbomb.com

All of Bunster's sauces are delicious fresh tasting sauces ... with the taste of vegetables and chillies running through them ... this is their brand new super-hot painful sauce which is supposed to be far hotter than anything else they have made so far!!

This is delicious ... this is my favourite of her sauces by a long way ... the taste of the chillies really adds that something special that is missing from the medium heat version ... I love this stuff ... and I am starting to think there is something wrong with me because I didn't find this that hot at all ... which is why I had spoon after spoon ... I have read peoples reviews saying they needed bulk milk after trying it so ... maybe this advent calendar has broken me!!

This sauce is awesome ... Can I buy a 1 litre bottle???

http://www.patreon.com/sloshworks

Why the name? No thanks. Don't want to picture that while I'm eating.

Hope they reconsider that one. I'm all into evil/novelty names but not toilet humor and food. The ass names don't even bother me, but this... too far lol.

And don't get me wrong, I am not squeamish and I know this niche extreme market and the humor, but a suggestive pun is one thing, being literal can be disgusting.

After Effects Hot Sauce

vs.

Explosive Diarrhea Hot Sauce
Shit The Bed Hot Sauce

Carry on! But they know the name is going to get attention. 

Not to mention, besides the literal meaning (which is pretty gross), the figurative expression means that sauce is a failure. 

When people say, "they really shit the bed on that one" or some other iteration of the expression, they're essentially saying someone failed miserably. 

So if I see the label "shit the bed" my first thought it "guess the saucemaker thought they made a mistake when they made this one". 

Maybe you folks down under use that expression differently...

Gotta agree with all of the above. When I see a sauce with a name like this I'll read the label, maybe get a chuckle and put it right back. Screams novelty to me, like something you'd buy in Spencer's gifts. Just can't take it seriously and it might be the absolute best sauce there is. And I love to curse. Have a dark/twisted sense of humor and all that at times. It's extremely hard sometimes to make posts here with out constantly backspacing because it's just part of who I am. When it comes to buying a product though, especially a food item, it's something I don't want to see. Humorous names and puns are fine but shit, ass, pictures of hillbilly dudes with their butt crack hanging out, are just something I don't wanna see on a food label.

Thanks for another good review Slosh, don't know what the hell I'm supposed to watch once the advent sauce event is over.

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
I agree with THP - If the sauce is as tasty as you describe, the name does more harm than good to this company. 

As far as I know this was their last hurrah with their old offensive larrikin name ... before they move over to being Fresh Chilli Bomb instead of C-Bomb 8-)
Not to mention, besides the literal meaning (which is pretty gross), the figurative expression means that sauce is a failure. 

When people say, "they really shit the bed on that one" or some other iteration of the expression, they're essentially saying someone failed miserably. 

So if I see the label "shit the bed" my first thought it "guess the saucemaker thought they made a mistake when they made this one". 

Maybe you folks down under use that expression differently...

That is more of an American expression I think 8-)

Only he would know. Otherwise we are speculating. 

I'll ask him....
He's gonna post something in the lounge I think.

The Hot Pepper said:
Only he would know. Otherwise we are speculating. 

SavinaRed said:
whats up all slosh's videos on youtube were taken off. anyone know whats up with that ?

Just to make sure you guys see this here too

http://thehotpepper....at-is-going-on/

This suspension is COMPLETELY unfounded and we will fight this to the end ...

Thanks for the support!

Back