• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

No fire in Kentucky

Here's the deal...I am poor..but I am a good businessman and I have tons of restaurant- management experience. I live in "The bar-B-Q Capital Of The World" Owensboro Ky. No one here knows that there are millions of hot sauces out there...but there are alot and I mean alot of people that would buy them if there was a shop here. If anyone out there is interested in making money...and has the money to get this started...i'd love to run the place for them... just thinkin'

BD:mouthonfire:

BDTastebuds said:
Here's the deal...I am poor..but I am a good businessman and I have tons of restaurant- management experience. I live in "The bar-B-Q Capital Of The World" Owensboro Ky. No one here knows that there are millions of hot sauces out there...but there are alot and I mean alot of people that would buy them if there was a shop here. If anyone out there is interested in making money...and has the money to get this started...i'd love to run the place for them... just thinkin'

BD:mouthonfire:

What about starting it out of your home? Like an online/local retailer thing? The only bitch would be the initial investment for stock/product for the physical storefront....and if you started online first, you might be able to raise some capital by being a non-stocking distributer.

Sickmont said:
What about starting it out of your home? Like an online/local retailer thing? The only bitch would be the initial investment for stock/product for the physical storefront....and if you started online first, you might be able to raise some capital by being a non-stocking distributer.
that has been on my list of things to do for awhile

Now is not a good time brother, people are pinching their pennies.

Also Owensboro is great, but it just isn't big enough to support that kind of specialty shop. People won't travel from Louisville to get hot sauces.

I go to Jungle Jim's in Cincy maybe once a YEAR.

It would have to be a restaraunt/hot sauce shop.

Like a crackerbarrel from hell ;).

crackerbarrel from hell

sounds great...but i do distain...people come to owensboro from thousands of miles away just to get burgoo and mutton...hot sauce tastes very very good on both of those items....get my drift???:mouthonfire:
I know this could be done...maybe with a seasonal store or roadside booth even...who knows...just like listening to new ideas
B.D.

I think that whoever would want to open such a place probably couldn't afford to hire sbd to run the place right from the start. What I'm trying to say is that you'd probably have to do this yourself, so I can second what the others said, it'd not a bad idea imo and if you run it from home like Sickmont said, you wouldn't have to invest as much money as if you had to if you opened an actual store. Anyway, good luck!

Chiliac said:
I think that whoever would want to open such a place probably couldn't afford to hire sbd to run the place right from the start. What I'm trying to say is that you'd probably have to do this yourself, so I can second what the others said, it'd not a bad idea imo and if you run it from home like Sickmont said, you wouldn't have to invest as much money as if you had to if you opened an actual store. Anyway, good luck!

Yeah, that was my reasoning....to keep the overhead down.

Business lics only cost about $30.00. Get one and buy from suppliers wholesale. That's what I did. Frank's Sauces is currently sold out because fighting cancer became expensive, but I hope to be running again soon.

With a lic, HotShots will set you up with a first order of $450.00 You can't beat that.

Hi Guys,
               We think that whoever would want to open such a place probably couldn't afford to hire sad to run the place right from the start. What I'm trying to say is that you'd probably have to do this yourself, so We can second what the others said, it'd not a bad idea IMO and if you run it from home like Sickout said, He wouldn't have to invest as much money as if you had to if you opened an actual store. Anyway, good luck!
Thanks.....................

Back