• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

dry fire

scotch bonnets
thai chilies
green Jalepino
habenero peppers

Dry them out(i do them in a warm oven) when thoroughly dry
put them in a coffee grinder with some black peppercorns and grind until fine.

mix with salt, garlic powder, cumin and (if you can believe this) a touch of unsweetened lemon kool-aid powder.

This stuff is really stinkin hot and is awesome on wings...especially if you like your wings crispy and hot.

Tina Brooks said:
Hot lemon wings... sounds great!

back to your whole "focus on flavour" quote...the flavour is amazing...if the wings are fresh out of the fryer then the powder sticks to the wings really well...then when everything crisps up there is no goo and a lot of fire! beware! not for the faint of heart!

Psst, Chuck... ya see any "faint of hearts" around here???

I'm just curious as to what using a homemade lemon sauce would do to it... I'll talk to the Peppermaster.

I can see it on breaded chicken breasts with fresh lemon slices.

yum

Tina, you are overlooking one major point, your lack of chicken. Not to worry, I am currently working with low level current in a small fish tank with an egg (fertilized with the essence of my capsaicin-based homunculus), this should produce a chicken which can self-clone, leaving you with not only an endless supply of chicken, but one that, because of the infusion of post-metabolized capsaicin from my homunculus, will come pre-spiced, and will be able to survive in the vast tundra you live in.

Tina Brooks said:

I'm just curious as to what using a homemade lemon sauce would do to it... I'll talk to the Peppermaster.

I can see it on breaded chicken breasts with fresh lemon slices.

yum

it will make it a sauce! lol

Tina Brooks said:

You two are going to gang up on me, I can see it now.

nope! no faint hearts...and we wont gang up... it's more like Russia and the UK in WWII...we just have a common Foe 😉 ...you know Sun Tzu...the enemy of my enemy is my friend LOL! :lol:

Kidding of course!

Hephaestos said:
scotch bonnets
thai chilies
green Jalepino
habenero peppers

Dry them out(i do them in a warm oven) when thoroughly dry
put them in a coffee grinder with some black peppercorns and grind until fine.

Hope you didn't forget to wash out the coffee grinder when you were through with grinding the peppers. That could be a cuppa joe that would wake you UP!

I'm not sure if I put this simple little formula up here or not, but it's great stuff.

Take a liter bottle of GOOD vodka. Fill a teabag with dried habaneros. Put the teabag in the bottle, and cap the bottle tightly. Leave in the sun for a day or two, and then in a dark place for about a week. VOILA!!! Good spicy vodka. I've been doinf it for a long time for parties, works like a charm, especially in bloody mary's.

DEFCON Creator said:
I'm not sure if I put this simple little formula up here or not, but it's great stuff.

Take a liter bottle of GOOD vodka. Fill a teabag with dried habaneros. Put the teabag in the bottle, and cap the bottle tightly. Leave in the sun for a day or two, and then in a dark place for about a week. VOILA!!! Good spicy vodka. I've been doinf it for a long time for parties, works like a charm, especially in bloody mary's.

There's an interesting little treat for our open house!

Great idea.

Back