• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Cheap Insecticide/Pesticide Spray

So I made this little mix for the peppers I have growing right now. It has worked great when I stay consistent in spraying it on my plants. I had an aphid problem that has been greatly reduced and if I ever stopped leaving town I'd have them completely gone by now. I haven't seen this mix on here before.

Here is a short video to show you what I used.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS-bjKrf0hk[/media]

The ingredients are:

4 tbsp of mineral oil
2 - 4 tbsp of garlic
2 to 4 tsp of soap

Mix to your desired strength and then let it sit for 24 or so hours to really react.
The soap can be added after you let the oil and garlic mix.

This is enough to dilute in one gallon of water.
I suggest straining the garlic out with cheese cloth to not mess up any sprayer you have.

Thanks for posting! Also, thanks for hooking me up with a bottle of this solution and plants. I used this solution on my plants that had aphids already and it seems to have made a big difference. This stuff also works great to ward off vampires.

Hahaha!! Sorry bro this stuff would be worse then pepper spray to dracula!! I'm glad it's working for you!

Very nice, I used a spray like this early last year to great effect. Also has mild fungicidal properties from the garlic/mineral oil. When I mix it again I'll probably add 0.125-0.2% peppermint oil. Had amazing knockdown of aphids with peppermint while bringing plants inside.

The only other recommendation would be to use Stylet oil. It's a highly refined mineral oil with a high UR rating, preferable as some drug store brands are phytotoxic.

Back