• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bavarian Chilis 2015

hi everybody !

after having had lots of fun last year, i already started this year's grow to have a headstart on my shady balcony, lots of foliage make the best of little light or so i guess ;)

im getting straight to the pics, here we go, so far so good !

tray one:
l4nQqCyl.jpg

tray two:
iIgNq7Hl.jpg

i only plan on keeping four of the plants, all together it were 4 varieties planted with three seeds each so i am happy with germination rates !

i wish all of you the best for this new and coming season, bring on the heat ! ;)

Servus!

Your seedlings look nice, good luck with your grow season. (Friendly tip; your soil looks very wet, water less or they might damp off and die).

I'm looking forward to the chili infused Knödel :)

jo griaß di gott !

haha thnks for this rather fast reply, yes the soil is indeed very wet - i was gone for 9 days so i made sure to supersoak it before, i am now seeing not to water again untill lots of it has been consumed by the plant.

Haha, didn't realise you where Austrian at first... but why bavarian grow? I thought Bavaria stopped around Mittenwald..

If you want to speed up the process, leave the grow box open for a few millimeter. The warm, dry air from your heating will dry the soil out quicker than you think. It will only take a few days. Also the circulation helps with the growth (fresh co²).

Pfeffer said:
Haha, didn't realise you where Austrian at first... but why bavarian grow? I thought Bavaria stopped around Mittenwald..

it does, but i moved to munich for the time being there you go.

ok guys i need some input, i only know one variety from last year which is the fataliis but i planted three different ones ! here are pictures, can you identify them for me ?

488pwDrl.jpg

htxiyaYl.jpg

uqJN0oRl.jpg

None of those look like Fatalii, to me.. Number one looks like a scotch bonnet of some sort. Number two is bumpy madness and looks like a Naga variant and number three is on the tip of my tongue, butt can't place it.

heefy said:
None of those look like Fatalii, to me.. Number one looks like a scotch bonnet of some sort. Number two is bumpy madness and looks like a Naga variant and number three is on the tip of my tongue, butt can't place it.

thanks for your input, the fatalii was not amongst the pictured peppers

Nice seedlings!

The orange ones remind me of Tasmanian habaneros except they aren't red, I can't quite place them.  Maybe they're a cross?

Thanks, i got the names of the grower evebtually!
As soon as i have my pc ill post them it was some weird name though with lots of numbers in it iirc

ribbedturtleneck said:
+1.

Gorgeous plants. What is your secret for such rapid, dense growth?

nothing really, 18 hours of light and a fertilizer application weekly of liquid mineral tomato fertilizer

Qv1fml2l.jpg

check it out, they have been transferred into new pots and are loving it :)

plant on the very right has been topped as its growing a bit too fast for  my liking,
yeah everything fine

aaaaw fuck im battling tons of those little fungus gnats,
having sticky traps up and vinegar traps, stinks like a fucker but works.

i should get some nematodes though ...

Back