• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Capsaicin virgin

Just ate my first "very-hot". 

An orange scotch bonnet i bought from the supermarket

I felt like i was going to die. I dont know how people eat these things whole.

I can't even imagine trying a super-hot.

It takes time. Try heat in ALL your meals. Carry powder when you go out to eat. Increse your heat. Add powder to fudge, cupcake mix, soup, your morning coffee ext. It takes time, but if you want tolorance its very do-able.

The nerve endings in your mouth that confuse capsaicin with heat get desensitized after a while.

Your Habanero experience was possibly as intense as that of a chilehead chomping a super-hot.

Geonerd said:
The nerve endings in your mouth that confuse capsaicin with heat get desensitized after a while.

Your Habanero experience was possibly as intense as that of a chilehead chomping a super-hot.
oh ok, yeah that was pretty intense.

Keep up the great work!!! I have been gradually upping my heat intake, and now can do whole habs no problems. Haven't yet had any superhots, but think I am ready to give em a whirl!!!

HB

Nice review! While honestly reporting exactly how you feel, you avoid the hysterical stuff that plagues many Youtube entries. The tips for others (iie.: olive oil) are informative, and the home setting for the filming... i dunno, it just works nicely.

I ate my 1st ghost with great enjoyment and delight... over about 4 days, spicing up several meals. I watched and read much before i took so much as a nibble. Had i seen your review, i wouldn't have wasted time searching through youtube pukefests, since all i really needed was the kind of real-life perspective of superhots that you gave so casually and without melodrama.

Nicely done!

mikeg said:
Nice review! While honestly reporting exactly how you feel, you avoid the hysterical stuff that plagues many Youtube entries. The tips for others (iie.: olive oil) are informative, and the home setting for the filming... i dunno, it just works nicely.
I ate my 1st ghost with great enjoyment and delight... over about 4 days, spicing up several meals. I watched and read much before i took so much as a nibble. Had i seen your review, i wouldn't have wasted time searching through youtube pukefests, since all i really needed was the kind of real-life perspective of superhots that you gave so casually and without melodrama.
Nicely done!

Thank you

Back