• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Friends looking for fiery goodness in Denver

I have some friends skiing over in Dillon right now and they are on the hunt for ghost pepper cheese. They'll be heading in to Denver soon. Can anyone in the Denver area advise on finding spicy cheese and what not in the area? I believe they are relative light weights vs spicy, so probably just looking for a thrill lol. Thanks in advance!

Actually turns out they just want to turn up the heat on some chili they are making. Any growers in Denver area who can supply some super hot powder, dried pods, frozen pods, or possibly fresh pods to strangers looking to light themselves up? They are staying at a private residence in Dillon and can meet up somewhere between there and Denver I think.

Thanks! I am actually trying to talk them into going with powder. Originally my buddy said they were looking for ghost pepper cheese to add to their chilly. I mentioned they could just use powder and normal cheese. Looks like the group is still set on the ghost pepper cheese though.

If I talk them into the powder I'll let you know. They are heading into Denver on their way out of CO on Saturday.

Cool! I'll pass that on to them! Is that your place?
Never heard of ghost pepper cheese. I also have a few dried pods from this year since they will be traveling.

Yeah I haven't either lol. Might be a specialty item somewhere else.

I'll see if they are interested. Seem kind of dead set on cheese.

Apparently they are in Denver right now actually. Guess they decided to go in early instead of stopping in on the way out.
Apparently they had said cheese at the Dam Brewery in Dillon

There are a few brands that make habanero or ghost cheeses, not sure what stores are in Denver or where to go look for it.

The hot sauce shop is Danny Cash's store.  He's a crazy sauce maker that has some great sauces.  I've not been to the store, I'm in Washington state.  Met him and his crew at a couple hot sauce festivals though.  Lit 'em up with Pure Evil.  That was fun!  :lol:

Haha yeah I noticed your location after logging in to the site. I was on my phone earlier using Tapatalk and it leaves out that info. ;-)

Cool, I will try to send them over there. They are relatively light weight with heat, but it would be a cool experience!

Danny Cash's first and signature sauce is a medium heat serrano sauce and he has mild ones also.  It's not all DeathMetalHeat even though Danny Cash himself would be right at home at a heavy metal concert~ 

Back