SB7J F5 Seed Give Away

I dont have very many to give away, however i want to spread SB7J. Tell me why you deserve a free pack? how are you going to make the most of it? Can you clone plants? are you any good at hydroponics and/or aquaponics? what are you going to do to help us spread this AWESOME pepper that our awesome member Patrick created not so long ago!

Well here's my aptempt...
Why i deserve a free pack: Well, one time I helped an old lady across the street and I only charged her $1.50.

How am I going to make the most of it: I shall grow the heck out of it and keep it isolated and give seeds to others that wish to try an amazing pepper.

Can I clone plants: Sure, you give me a picture and I can copy and paste to your hearts content.

Am I any good at hydroponics and/or aquaponics: Yes, one time I blew up a bever dam, quite efficiently if I do say so myself.

What am I going to do to help us spread this AWESOME pepper that our awesome member Patrick created not so long ago: I really would keep it isolated, save all the seeds and give them away...but I can't promise I won't eat/cook all of the deseeded pods...

Well, that's all I got...what can I say, I'm the most amazing/awsome/wise/talented/sleep deprived, but modest 20 year old I know haha, hope this at least made you smile, have a good one everybody!!

Good lookin' out Garrett! These are on my Spring grow list- can't wait to sample the flavor of these after reading all the rave reviews for this cross. The pods just have such and awesome look to them as well!

These were grown out from SB7J seeds I received from pex in 2013.
IMG_8870.JPG

Last year I didn't isolate any of my 24 plants.  This year I plan to get more serious and isolate a branch of each variety I grow.  That way I can give seeds away in the fall/winter of 2015 and give back to this awesome community that helped me out.  I would love to do the same with the SB7J!

I haven't gotten into hydroponics yet, but have done a lot of research on building DIY systems.  Current limitations are 1) space and 2) money.  

I started cloning plants.  I use clonex gel and rapid rooter plugs, big dome, 54W light and have very high success rate.

Why i deserve a free pack?

Id love to have a new strain to try my new grow theory im working on.  The theory is based on creating symmetrical plants to get equal distribution of all water/nutes to the plant.  I have started testing this with a couple plants topping and training them flat.  The next step is to try creating the "mainlined" plant.  That being in its early stages, the plant is topped, a few weeks later, all but the lowest two branches are removed and then those are topped as well.  This will create a plant that is completely symmetrical with equal food distribution to the entire plant.

Most recent update on current testing:

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/49218-chachie09s-indoor/?p=1095422

Austin said:
Well here's my aptempt...
Why i deserve a free pack: Well, one time I helped an old lady across the street and I only charged her $1.50.
How am I going to make the most of it: I shall grow the heck out of it and keep it isolated and give seeds to others that wish to try an amazing pepper.
Can I clone plants: Sure, you give me a picture and I can copy and paste to your hearts content.
Am I any good at hydroponics and/or aquaponics: Yes, one time I blew up a bever dam, quite efficiently if I do say so myself.
What am I going to do to help us spread this AWESOME pepper that our awesome member Patrick created not so long ago: I really would keep it isolated, save all the seeds and give them away...but I can't promise I won't eat/cook all of the deseeded pods...
Well, that's all I got...what can I say, I'm the most amazing/awsome/wise/talented/sleep deprived, but modest 20 year old I know haha, hope this at least made you smile, have a good one everybody!!
you got my vote after reading your post. Had a very good chuckle. Please remember me next year.....

Pex, if this is still open here's why I want in. Right behind spending every day nurturing my peppers and making some sauce, the thing I'm looking forward to is coming back here and doing my own free seed giveaway for THP members. Everyone has been great and the least I can do is pay it forward. I'll have a lot of unique peppers going this summer but one thing I don't have is a cross. I have scotch bonnet and I have Jonah, be cool to see how these mix. Let me know.

Being Lutheran it's hard for me to say I deserve anything good. But if I get a packet of seeds I promise I'll isolate at least one plant and give away lots of seeds from it next fall. :) I'm probably going to grow some in my dirt and some in my hydro garden. If you start a thread, I'll post pictures of the progress of their growth. Thanks for the offer.

Not trying to hijack, but awhile back, I did a trade with cloudhand. I think it was about a 6:6 trade but he generously threw in some extras, among which were 3 varieties of SB7J. Anyone have PICTURES of these different strains?

He sent me:
A) Mushroom shaped F4 seeds originally from Ryan Dulac
B) Flying saucer shaped pods from Ignite
C) F5 seeds from yellow pods that should've been red.

I am waiting on C to germinate (one of the few that haven't after planting a month ago.) Planning on planting at leaSt one of the other two this week. Which is the more "standard" phenotype - mushroom? I assume the picture already on this thread is of the mushroom phenotype.

Thanks!

Back